Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
What so special about Portmeirion that it gets normally 'frugal' funsters to open their wallets?
Fabulous place Stephen Langtoftlad built over many years by a complete nutter with brilliant ideas to bring buildings in from all over the world. “The Prisoner” was filmed there. We’ve been a few times and always something new to see.

P6290116.jpeg

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I must admit it did make a nice change to wander about without tripping over a dog lead.. and the woodland walk free of dog poo bags hanging up.
Come on now, a dog is for life, even for non dog owners. Right,where's my tin hat.🤣🤣.
Mike.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
it looks like Italy apart from the sandy beach.

That was the intention.

Sir Clough Williams-Ellis, Portmeirion's architect, denied repeated claims that the design was based on the fishing village of Portofino on the Italian Riviera. He stated only that he wanted to pay tribute to the atmosphere of the Mediterranean. He did, however, draw on a love of the Italian village stating, "How should I not have fallen for Portofino? Indeed, its image remained with me as an almost perfect example of the man-made adornment and use of an exquisite site."

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
That was the intention.

Sir Clough Williams-Ellis, Portmeirion's architect, denied repeated claims that the design was based on the fishing village of Portofino on the Italian Riviera. He stated only that he wanted to pay tribute to the atmosphere of the Mediterranean. He did, however, draw on a love of the Italian village stating, "How should I not have fallen for Portofino? Indeed, its image remained with me as an almost perfect example of the man-made adornment and use of an exquisite site."
Yes visited Portofino by boat a couple of times which gives the best views. lovely area enjoyed it very much there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back