Portable Power Supplies for Motorhomes

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 540
Exp
Since 2008
Bought an EcoFlow Delta 2 (refurbished) as a stop-gap after my Lithium battery (plus Inverter plus B2B) fitment was delayed prior to my Poland trip earlier this year.
Did the job, and pretty much recharged to full whilst underway via the 12v socket. Once I had the Lithium upgrade, sold it on to a mate (plus unused 160W solar panel) without financial loss, as it was by then surplus to my needs.
I understand the whole 'portable' thing, with associated uses outside of the van, but lugging a fairly substantial weight around without a dedicated home/fixture in the van (PVC) is not ideal IMO.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benivan
You might see that my reference to gullible was in the form of a question and not a

You might see that my reference to gullible was in the form of a question and not a statement.

I kept my last van for 14 years so don’t really have that worry.

Yes, as I stated in my earlier post, they can be a good choice if you have a need for portable power away from your van.

Ian
The gullible comment wasn't actually a question as you well know . I don't need power away from my van .
Really appears to bother some that for £600 you don't need all the other gubbins to supply what you need . Why would that be ?
I'd be happy if someone got a service that cost a fraction what I had paid

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The gullible comment wasn't actually a question as you well know
If you say so but the ? was a big giveaway. 🤷‍♂️
Really appears to bother some that for £600 you don't need all the other gubbins to supply what you need . Why would that be ?
Because, logically, it makes no sense. For £600 you’re not getting much capacity and, as a previous user, WoldsSunlight, acknowledges you have the inconvenience of moving/storing the box. Oh, and don’t forget that many, including WoldsSunlight, end up buying a solar panel to charge the thing that they also have to lug about. Most vans already have solar (and other charging mechanisms) installed so it really isn’t that expensive to spec up a more capable system. However, as I’ve already stated, if you need portable power they do come into their own.

I'd be happy if someone got a service that cost a fraction what I had paid
As I acknowledged in my initial response to you I have no problem with the fact that you found the right solution for you.
I’d be happy if someone holding a differing opinion to mine acknowledged that’s all it is, a different opinion and not an attack on their choice.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back