Porch light flashes once?

Likes collected
Funster No
Ok, so I said I was getting into the electrical stuff so lots of stupid questions may follow as I work out where I’m going to fit my strip LEDs,

But on a different note I’ve noticed as I switch off the control panel above the door and if the light button is also switched on, the outside porch light switches on for a couple of seconds then goes off again I’ve not noticed it before, is this normal? Or have I inadvertently pressed something disturbed some wiring? Any body else had this, 2008 Carthago
image.jpg
image.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Has it got a sensor on the light? it may stay on at night and off in daylight?
Possibility.
Cheers, Dave

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I had to change the LED awning light on our AT a couple / three years back with a like for like type of light fitting.

Used the same screw holes, electrical connectors, etc but after I did it we got the same "issue" as yourself. Not sure if it still does it "as we live with it". Don't think it did it before the change (well, at least I didn't notice it:whistle2:).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Your lamp has standard halogen bulbs so it won't be the lamp, it must be a problem with the control panel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rudski01
Likes collected
Funster No
I had to change the LED awning light on our AT a couple / three years back with a like for like type of light fitting.

Used the same screw holes, electrical connectors, etc but after I did it we got the same "issue" as yourself. Not sure if it still does it "as we live with it". Don't think it did it before the change (well, at least I didn't notice it:whistle2:).
I’m due to put a strip LED light down the side of the awning so let’s see what happens 🤷‍♀️ like you though just have have to live with it

OP
OP
Rudski01
Likes collected
Funster No
Your lamp has standard halogen bulbs so it won't be the lamp, it must be a problem with the control panel.
You might be correct Lenny, I’ve unscrewed the panel holding all the control panels in and tried not to let it lean too far forward on the cables while I tried to find the door light wires, maybe I’ve upset something but I couldn’t see anything, I’ve noticed when I switch the main panel light switch, the light on the panel fades out rather than going straight out is that normal?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’ve noticed when I switch the main panel light switch, the light on the panel fades out rather than going straight out is that normal?
No not normal you could try unplugging the control panel & plug back in after a few minutes, it may reset it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back