Poor high beam (1 Viewer)

bugcab

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou 675
On my drive home from collecting this new (to me) beauty I was flabbergasted by the terrible main beam.

A bright but diffuse and unfocused light that didn't really extend beyond the dipped beam and was utterly useless for purpose.

Any tips for replacing the Hella (I think 90mm) high beam units with an led alternative?

Soo many questions on this new vehicle so will try not impose upon all too much but thanks for any help.

P.

PXL_20230416_113121872.jpg

OP
OP
bugcab

bugcab

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou 675
I was thinking a replacement unit opposed to bulb.

Problem is the bean pattern not colour or brightness. I thought this had more to do with the reflector/lens.

Any with these lights have similar issues?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bugcab

bugcab

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou 675
Could be that they need adjusting….🤔
Have ordered a new set of bulbs and will see what a bit of fettling does when they arrive.

If anyone can point me toward a beam adjuster on the fitted Hella unit I would be very grateful.

P.

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Good luck with your clou niessmann are very helpfull give them a ring .my headlights were going rusty at the bottom picked up 2 new ones in Germany seems mutch better.

374CDFA3-D1B1-4F26-A8F5-8CC445FA78B2.jpeg

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
LEDs aren’t permitted as a retrofit. Nightbreakers solved the issue for us.

Many on here will disagree with that, or just disregard that and fit them any way, regardless of the legalities.👍👍

I fitted LEDS in both the projector dip beam and reflector main beam on my car.
If it fails the MOT on beam pattern I'll simply swap back to halogen for the test then swap back.
Plod wouldn't know any different with today's vehicle lighting.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I've got Hella LEDs on my van, similar looking orb style lenses. I don't have any issues with night time visibility. I think they're about £400 a pair though. 😬

Definitely try straight bulb upgrades first. Osram Night Breakers made a massive difference in my old van. Projector style lenses are very sensitive to the bulb's light pattern. It'd be worried LED bulbs wouldn't send the light the expected ways, so you'd end up with a useless beam pattern.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
On my bmw car the dipped beam was useless and I couldn’t see far and i was thinking of bulb upgrades then I adjusted the lights up a little and I couldn’t believe the difference it made, saved myself a small fortune, passed mot no problem…😎

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
On my bmw car the dipped beam was useless and I couldn’t see far and i was thinking of bulb upgrades then I adjusted the lights up a little and I couldn’t believe the difference it made, saved myself a small fortune, passed mot no problem…😎
Agreed.

There will be a headlight adjuster somewhere. Maybe on the stalk or the light switch to turn lights on.
I know I had trouble finding ours on the new van. It was a pop out from the switch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back