Police checking vehicle weight in France?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
On the N10, going south, after Mansle Charente, is a closed - off Lay by used exclusively by the Gendarmes for checking trucks. During July and August there are frequent Motorhome/Caravan inspections carried out with portable scales, the vast majority of the vehicles are French. Never seen anything left behind, presumably it is all removed when they leave.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
I just bought a weighing gizmo from Berger here in France that purports to be quite accurate doing one wheel at a time.
I've never heard of DIY motorhome scales. I would be very interested to know more about the Berger system.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I've never heard of DIY motorhome scales. I would be very interested to know more about the Berger system.
These Reich ones have a decent reputation

OP
OP
Sevensixtwo
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
On the N10, going south, after Mansle Charente, is a closed - off Lay by used exclusively by the Gendarmes for checking trucks. During July and August there are frequent Motorhome/Caravan inspections carried out with portable scales, the vast majority of the vehicles are French. Never seen anything left behind, presumably it is all removed when they leave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sevensixtwo
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We were weighed by French police a couple of years ago whilst travelling along an urban dual carriageway.
I handed over all of our documents including base vehicle paperwork, conversion paperwork, certificate of conformity….everything.
We run at 3500kg, although with no modifications but the correct paperwork we can run at 3850kg.
Our Hymer was almost fully fuelled and we had a lot of fresh water in the tank.
The gendarmes told us we were under weight ………..I think they might have been wrong !
We didn’t ask how much we weighed , just drove off and didn’t look back.
Nice one😂. I’d have done the same.

OP
OP
Sevensixtwo
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I’ll report back when I use them. I’m also curious. Seem similar in theory to the pads they used to weigh my plane but a lot less expensive.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
We were weighed in France a couple of years ago by the police at a peage. Weighed then waived through.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Perhaps they're looking at the best use of their resources. If there is a link between accidents and being overloaded reducing it could save lives a lot more important than robberies.
No they take the 'idle wasters' approach which is easiest.Same as they do in most countries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back