Pilote: Build Quality & After-Sales Service ? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning šŸ˜Š
Family discussions have happened, Spousal Unit agrees that the VW is drop-dead gorgeous but not perfect . . . and the hunt is on for a new van. So I have a question for anyone with lived-in experience of Pilote:

Currently at the top of our wish list is a 5.4m panel van conversion and I'm very taken with the layout of the Pilote V540G.

Looking for opinions/experience on Pilote build quality, dealer after-sales service, all the usual real-world important stuff. Many thanks in advance.

Oct 15, 2020
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2009
Bought a new pilote from smc Newark had nothing but problems from day one there service department absolutely useless back up from pilote none existent.
Over the three years I owned it I never had a trip out where something never went wrong or dropped off.The radio never worked from day one never got replaced final straw when I pulled round a corner and the oven fell out that was it got rid of it happy days now with an Adria and first class service from wandahome at south cave

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Bought a new pilote from smc Newark had nothing but problems from day one there service department absolutely useless back up from pilote none existent.
Over the three years I owned it I never had a trip out where something never went wrong or dropped off.The radio never worked from day one never got replaced final straw when I pulled round a corner and the oven fell out that was it got rid of it happy days now with an Adria and first class service from wandahome at south cave
You need to update your profile , still got Pilote on t

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hedgewitch
Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning šŸ˜Š
Have you looked at Wildax Pulsar 2 ?
Seem quite popular.

Friend has a bigger Wildax and it is lovely, excellent build quality, so thank you.
The Pulsar does not suit as the rear bed/front dinette layout is the big selling point for me, and Pulsar is the opposite way round.
Am fed up with making up a bed every night I'm away. It's OK for a 2-3 day trip but not anything longer.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2023
Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2015
Family discussions have happened, Spousal Unit agrees that the VW is drop-dead gorgeous but not perfect . . . and the hunt is on for a new van. So I have a question for anyone with lived-in experience of Pilote:

Currently at the top of our wish list is a 5.4m panel van conversion and I'm very taken with the layout of the Pilote V540G.

Looking for opinions/experience on Pilote build quality, dealer after-sales service, all the usual real-world important stuff. Many thanks in advance.
We bought our Pilote G740FC Evidence Special Edition from Signature Motorhomes 3 years ago and love it. The service and after sales service from Signature has been superb!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
We bought our Pilote G740FC Evidence Special Edition from Signature Motorhomes 3 years ago and love it. The service and after sales service from Signature has been superb!
Yes that's what we have found as well! Richard must have been having an off day!

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Bought a new Pilote Sept 23, hab door flyscreen was defective on handover. Still waiting for a replacement - dealer blames Pilote! Meanwhile the defects mount up, bathroom tap leaking, internal lights not working on one side, cornering lights intermittent, central locking not working on hab door. Dealers wear me down with their indifference, but my day will come when itā€™s back for the habitation check.

Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
the rear bed/front dinette layout is the big selling point for me, and Pulsar is the opposite way round.
Am fed up with making up a bed every night I'm away. It's OK for a 2-3 day trip but not anything longer.
Have you looked at the 5.4m Burstner C540?

We were originally looking at a Pilote V600G but when we eventually saw one we didn't like the quality and lack of coordinated finish styles. Whilst waiting we had seen other brands including a Burstner C602 and after seeing both side by side at a show it was an easy decision for us to go with the Burstner.

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2015
maidstone
Funster No
MH
swift escape
Exp
Hi a reply to the pilots build quality I have a baveria who is a rehashed pilots love the layout but!!! Built by chimpanzees in the last 5years have had to replace every screw in the habitatian with a longer or thicker one and this week a very serious problem that has promoted me to write mine has a chassis extension fitted to support the garage floor to which the tow bar is fitted while on my way to Norfolk I noticed I could see my bumper going from one side to the other when cornering on stopping found my extension was coming away from garage floor and bent badley to one side had to remove and refit and found the cause to be there are 6fixing points to the floor but only 2 have been used and they where much to small and sheered off !

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
Hi a reply to the pilots build quality I have a baveria who is a rehashed pilots love the layout but!!! Built by chimpanzees in the last 5years have had to replace every screw in the habitatian with a longer or thicker one and this week a very serious problem that has promoted me to write mine has a chassis extension fitted to support the garage floor to which the tow bar is fitted while on my way to Norfolk I noticed I could see my bumper going from one side to the other when cornering on stopping found my extension was coming away from garage floor and bent badley to one side had to remove and refit and found the cause to be there are 6fixing points to the floor but only 2 have been used and they where much to small and sheered off !
Id be worried if the bumper was going sideways as that should be attached to the body not the rails that extend under the floor to support the floor. Id also worry that the appropriate parts for towbar installation have not been fitted. Ie the strengthening metalwork to transfer the load to the chassis not to the floor supports. Did the floor support rails get removed by the towbar installers? Did they not refit all bolts? These bolts that just hold the support rails inplace under the floor.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
Had my pilote 7 weeks now only problem is the front blind not locking ...
Side sliding blind?
Does the moving section for around rear view mirror actially move, they are known to stick and the magnets aint the strongest on the leading edges

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back