Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 14, 2020
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis autoquest 100
Exp
Im a newbie
I’ve been following the threads on the smell of gas in motorhome bottle cupboards and until now havent done anything about the gas smell we have always had in ours. Since daughter has been using our motorhome recently and pointed out the gas smell, I bought some leak detector spray from Screwfix and checked the bottle connections and found a slight leak at the main connection to the gas bottle. Our local caravan/ camping suppliers had the hose connections (pig tails) in stock so replaced the pigtail and now all is ok. I found the domed face of the old pig tail had some slight scratches/ dents probably where the brass joint had hit something on bottle change and this was enough I think to cause the leak. Apart from modifying a spanner to fit the nut at the motorhome joint replacement was very straightforward - cost about £12.50. If you smell gas, check the face of the domed connected to cylinder on the pigtail to se if it has any scratches or dents, and replace if necessary.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
The handwheel type with the rubber seal seem a lot easier to use and to get a good seal.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The handwheel type with the rubber seal seem a lot easier to use and to get a good seal.
That's what I just replaced ours with. Makes it much easier to swap over cylinders.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back