Picking up new (to me) motorhome and.. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Well I will be flying down to Simonselect on Monday from Scotland to pick up my new (to me) Burstner aviano i684 and just realised it’s my first a class and how do I find out the replacement cost for a new windscreen, for the insurance!!!???
Also just realised I won’t be able to have a cuppa on the way back to Scotland as it’s a naked van! No gas bottles no power cable, no hose to fill it with water, no bedding, no cutlery, no crockery etc etc it’s just a big empty taxi to get back to Scotland 😐

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
oh, yes he would .... oh, no he wouldnt ..... oh, yes he would .....

i didnt say ten years old, i said they were ten year cylinders, unless i misread his post ,,,,,

Charlie wouldn't do that, they are 2 year old but new unused.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
They are just winding up the elastic band 🤣🤪

IMG_2033.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
5 years ago to the month
Put deposit on PVC with motorhomedepot
Left town in Cork at midnight, overnight bus to dublin airport, slept on various seats. Brought sleeping bag, cup and whistling kettle.
Early morning flight to Leeds, picked up by MHD agent and onwards to Northallerton
4 hours inspecting van. Bought it and drove back to Holyhead. Fell asleep in queue but thankfully ferry delayed.
Overnight Holyhead to Dublin. Slept on some more seats
Dublin to Cork
Parked van proudly on driveway and slept for a long time!!

Brilliant 36hrs of my life. Congrats and enjoy the drive back! Every trip is an adventure :)

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
As some of you already know we now own the Gas It brand name and website etc , over time we will incorporate it into our existing business Autogas 2000 Leisure Ltd.
Anyway we have some Gas It 11kg cylinders that are now a couple of years old so only technically have an 8 year lifespan.
These are available now by telephone order only, this offer is not on the website.
For more information give us a call: 01845523213
View attachment 943254

Just for confirmation - as Lenny said, they are 2 year old, ten year cylinders, still worth considering in my opinion ...

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just for confirmation - as Lenny said, they are 2 year old, ten year cylinders, still worth considering in my opinion ...
For £100 each can't go wrong, they are only two hole cylinders so no gauge but that's not important.

Upvote 0

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Alex aka Gingernuts was awesome. Didn’t see this thread until this morning then said oh shite he is a Funster, battlestations, red alert!
He turned up with Oscar after we picked him up from the Airport and what a guy!
He made a point of saying he thought it was good as I was away last week in Dusseldorf and he got to test it without me and he was blown away with Chris and Oscar to which I am very proud.
His wife couldn’t be here for the handover so I made sure someone got carried over the threshold 😂😂😂

28593f95-b07d-470c-b9f1-632a9e208f9d.jpeg

37f4b949-4bd6-4d16-bd14-149fdbfb3f7a.jpeg

Upvote 0
Oct 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
just-looking
I flew to Scotland from Gatwick to pick my van up. Drove it to the lakes where i had booked a night on a campsite. I took an ehu cable with me and connected on arrival, walked to a pub for food and a beer then snuggled into my sleeping bag. Up early and a long stint back to Dorset.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Alex aka Gingernuts was awesome. Didn’t see this thread until this morning then said oh shite he is a Funster, battlestations, red alert!
He turned up with Oscar after we picked him up from the Airport and what a guy!
He made a point of saying he thought it was good as I was away last week in Dusseldorf and he got to test it without me and he was blown away with Chris and Oscar to which I am very proud.
His wife couldn’t be here for the handover so I made sure someone got carried over the threshold 😂😂😂

View attachment 946965

View attachment 946966
Great service by all the team at Select Motorhomes, Simon is a gentleman and deserves to do well👍😁
He’ll have to stop practising his weight lifting on chunky 90 kg Jocks though 🤪🤪🤪

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Great service by all the team at Select Motorhomes, Simon is a gentleman and deserves to do well👍😁
He’ll have to stop practising his weight lifting on chunky 90 kg Jocks though 🤪🤪🤪
Still no pics so its all make believe ....you'll wake up in the shower shortly :rofl:

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
He does a complete gaslow kit on ebay though with all hoses filler etc for £575 . I think that's better value than the gasit ones.

If I'd been fitting new bottles that'd be my choice

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Wow that’s a coincidence, just watched that last night as the last part was filmed over Nördligen where we are at the moment🤣🤣🤣
Did you watch chitty chitty bang bang too when you were at rothenburg?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back