Peugeot Boxer 2006, central locking works but won't stay locked. (1 Viewer)

Jun 3, 2022
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde 200
Exp
30 years
The key fob locks both front doors, but the locks pop open on their own after about 2 seconds. It'll lock again, but same happens every time. (I can lock each door manually).
New battery in the key fob, and engine battery disconnect reset procedure done. The locks have been cleaned and lubricated and work fine manually, but the central locking off the fob problem remains. Anyone come across this and have a solution?
I'm assuming I may need to replace the lock units in the doors, which can be done, but isn't easy as they're behind the window mechanisms.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Most likely cause will be a door isn't closed properly.
It unlocks so you can't just lock and walk away
It may be a faulty courteously light door switch.

OP
OP
Andy99
Jun 3, 2022
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde 200
Exp
30 years
I checked all the mechanical side of things, and the doors shut/open perfectly. I had wondered if it was wear in one of the mechanisms stopping it registering as fully closed. So basically what you are saying, but hard to find and fix.. maybe...?

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
You've got central locking?
This Hymer is the first van I've had that doesn't come with central locking. Even though Fiat would have included this on the base vehicle. It rubs salt in the wound to have a fiat key fob with lock/unlock buttons and have to use a separate key.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Although not the same year I had a similar problem with my Peugeot Boxer back in 2013 (new vehicle). The problem was some cheap plastic gubbins in the sliding side door. It was reset several times under warranty and eventually one of the mechanics I dealt with, said he could bypass the faulty bit. Never had any problem after that and the central locking worked fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
With my previous van, sometimes the rear door wouldn't think it was closed. Opening it and closing again seemed to solve it most times. But it occasionally took a couple of tries.

OP
OP
Andy99
Jun 3, 2022
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Avantgarde 200
Exp
30 years
Thanks for suggestions, but there isn't a sliding out rear door, it's a Compass Avantgarde, so coach build onto a boxer. It's only the front doors, and it's not a big deal as they'll lock manually. My only worry is if it unlocks itself when we're not there..

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Most likely cause will be a door isn't closed properly.
or a wiring connection fault
It may be a faulty courteously light door switch.
doubtful they use them now.mine doesn't the magic is all inside the lock.

I used to have one ,rear doors, doing it , even tried another lock.what fixed it one day ,by accident, was cleaning all the connectors behind the rear right tail light

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
The X250 Ducato has a central locking door management control unit fitted under the dash , on the right , I expect that a Peugeot Boxer may have the same/similar and it could be the cause of the problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back