Petrol gauge (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2023
Minera, Wrexham, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 445
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have bought a fiat scudo auto trailer 1999 this year. I am very pleased with it condition and added or upgrade a few things but unfortunately the petrol gauge either reads half full of empty.
I have had my local garage look at it and he definitely says it the gauge itself and can’t help getting a replacement.
I have been in touch with fiat and they put me onto the heritage club who do, fo parts but can’t help me. They have put me onto fiat in Italy who have not responded.
Any help would be appreciated, I live in north east wales.
Thanks
Duncan

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Welcome, you have made a good decision in joining but seem to have made logical approaches to a solution already. Outside of a failed unit there could possibly be other causes that an auto electrician may pick up.
With luck you could still find an answer on here.

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
There are 2 parts, the guage and the sender. Sender in the tank and easy to test with a multi reader, the guage needs the binnacle to come out . The working can replaced with non Fiat parts, any garage should be able to do that. Not sure of the dials set up ,the board they sit on may have a burnt out bit, if you are not sure get an auto electrician to investigate.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I have bought a fiat scudo auto trailer 1999 this year. I am very pleased with it condition and added or upgrade a few things but unfortunately the petrol gauge either reads half full of empty.
I have had my local garage look at it and he definitely says it the gauge itself and can’t help getting a replacement.
I have been in touch with fiat and they put me onto the heritage club who do, fo parts but can’t help me. They have put me onto fiat in Italy who have not responded.
Any help would be appreciated, I live in north east wales.
Thanks
Duncan
Would someone like this be a good start?

Failing that, work out how many miles a tank will give you and record the mileage each time you fill up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
AS mentioned above - zero your trip meter and find out how many miles you can safely do on a full tank. I drive on LPG most of the time and the gauges are rubbish for gas..... 400 miles when full and then I must find a filling station (or flick to petrol until I do).

OP
OP
D
Feb 26, 2023
Minera, Wrexham, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 445
Exp
I'm a newbie
There are 2 parts, the guage and the sender. Sender in the tank and easy to test with a multi reader, the guage needs the binnacle to come out . The working can replaced with non Fiat parts, any garage should be able to do that. Not sure of the dials set up ,the board they sit on may have a burnt out bit, if you are not sure get an auto electrician to investigate.
Thanks jev
The sender is ok according to the mechanic it’s just trying to find an good auto electrician to look at it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back