Petite balade en France … Mr Grianan’s 60th birthday!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Gerry, yes that’s where we thought we’d go. We’ll try to arrive before lunchtime.

Should have mentioned when you drive in you’ll see pitches on your right, if these are full which they normally are then turn left at the end and enough room for another 15 vans.

OP
OP
Grianan
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Not much of an update today … we had hoped to cycle out to the seafood place at the end of the canal but the weather was just too ominous and a tad chilly in the wind.

So a chilling day, then the thunderstorms caught up with us so we felt obliged to crack open a nice bottle of red.

It’s sunny and torrential now … with the occasional crash of thunder overhead 😂
IMG_6421.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I do love France, we’re just back from our 7 week trip. Only a few days of France at the beginning and end but as soon as we crossed the border from Germany on our way home we felt happy. Mind you we really don’t like Germany! The food is ghastly whereas France is wonderful. We did enjoy all the other countries we visited I hasten to add and only passed through Germany!

Please post more photos and enjoy your trip.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I do love France, we’re just back from our 7 week trip. Only a few days of France at the beginning and end but as soon as we crossed the border from Germany on our way home we felt happy. Mind you we really don’t like Germany! The food is ghastly whereas France is wonderful. We did enjoy all the other countries we visited I hasten to add and only passed through Germany!

We love Germany and the Germans but must agree about the food, ok if you like pork, sausage and cabbage🤣🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline

100 percent agree. 👌🏻👌🏻

OP
OP
Grianan
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
IMG_6422.jpeg
IMG_6425.jpeg
IMG_6426.jpeg
IMG_6427.jpeg
IMG_6428.jpeg
IMG_6429.jpeg
IMG_6430.jpeg
If I slept a full hour last night I think I’d be exaggerating 😂. The wind howled all night, the halyards clanked and I was terrified the van was going to blow over. So sheer relief when the alarm went and we set off for Uzès.

After 2 hours drive (crossing over the raging Gard river) we pulled into the vineyard site at Uzès and were lucky to get the last pitch at the edge of the vines. We had a quick chat with Madame at the domaine to say thank you and check times for dégustations then headed into town for lunch. It wasn’t quite 12 but we had skipped breakfast so were starving.

I remember the slight disappointment of seeing the cafés on the busy road through and wondering if there was more. One of the delights of this site is that it’s pretty well pedestrianised all the way in. And the nearer to Place aux Herbes you get the more beautiful it is.

Indecision … so many restaurants, so few menu du jour … we plumped for Le Café de l’Oustal and its ‘suggestion’ of coquelet with mushroom sauce, green beans and garlic laden roast potatoes. Beyond delicious. Especially with a generous pichet of rosé. And who can resist a café gourmand to finish …

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back