Passenger seat problem (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer C644 Classic
Hey. 2011 Rimor Koala, passenger seat is very high, 3-4 inches higher than the drivers seat. The missus won’t sit in it as her head is almost touching the ceiling and reckon be a nightmare for my 6’2” mate when we go away. Can’t seem to get it to lower. Any advice?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We have a Fiat cab and our seats have turntables which make them high. However, there are adjustment levers on the sides of the seats which can be set to a higher or lower position.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You can also replace the standard seat boxes with smaller ones but you need to look at what is placed under there first, there may be a battery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
As above a lower seat mounting base can be made or bought (magnum motorhomes do them) if space below seat allows (Citroen,fiat, Peugeot)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hey. 2011 Rimor Koala, passenger seat is very high, 3-4 inches higher than the drivers seat. The missus won’t sit in it as her head is almost touching the ceiling and reckon be a nightmare for my 6’2” mate when we go away. Can’t seem to get it to lower. Any advice?
I lowered my driver's seat about 2.5 inches by removing the swivel plate.
This allows me to see more through the windscreen and all the dials on the dash better plus reaching the handbrake.

Still have it on passenger side, could your driver's seat be the same?

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jan has the same problem.. the seat swivel adds about 2 in to the height and we don't want to remove that as we use them turned around when parked up..

Only the drivers seat has height adjustment. and as the base houses one of the leisure batteries, lowering is not an option..

We have tried other ideas, I made a wooden foot rest... also tried a cushion.. both work but not ideal ..

She now swings her legs while singing .. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Jan has the same problem.. the seat swivel adds about 2 in to the height and we don't want to remove that as we use them turned around when parked up..

Only the drivers seat has height adjustment. and as the base houses one of the leisure batteries, lowering is not an option..

We have tried other ideas, I made a wooden foot rest... also tried a cushion.. both work but not ideal ..

She now swings her legs while singing .. :ROFLMAO:
I misread that last sentence and thought, Hello! That's different. 😄

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cartela
Jan 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer C644 Classic
Haha! Sorry I should have said, it can be lowered and raised, lever on the side and no battery underneath, but it seems to be stuck at the highest position

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cartela
Jan 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer C644 Classic
Does the base look the same as the drivers seat? Does it have a turntable and the drivers not?
Photos would be good.
Yes both the same, both spin around. Wrote below…can be moved up and down, is just stuck at the highest position

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
As above a lower seat mounting base can be made or bought (magnum motorhomes do them) if space below seat allows (Citroen,fiat, Peugeot)
That's brilliant Info, as I'm 6ft and struggle to see under the windscreen sun shade when down, for £150 you can drop the height swapping the base out would be perfect, thank you !
I only have a pull out storage tray under mine so shouldn't be a problem, and I can retain the swivel plate and still get my pedal lock underneath out the way. Will look into doing this conversion in the near future 🙏
Regards Sam in Cannock . . .

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Is the base vehicle a mk7 transit? With our transit the seat is held down to base with torx bolts (star drive). Ours doesn't have swivels. It a matter of sliding the backwards and forwards to access the four bolts. The seats are heavy but can be lifted out of the door I aways put an old carpet down to rest the seat. Once upside down have a look at mechanism and strut. Mine are standard single ford seats some have replacement covers. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Yes both the same, both spin around. Wrote below…can be moved up and down, is just stuck at the highest position

If there's two of you have you tried lifting it and moving the lever at the same time?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cartela
Jan 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer C644 Classic
Does the base look the same as the drivers seat? Does it have a turntable and the drivers not?
Photos would be good.
Yes both the same, both spin around. Wrote below…can be moved up and down, is just stuck at the high
If there's two of you have you tried lifting it and moving the lever at the same time?
tried everything, even both of us sitting in it while we pull the lever. I’ve read that if you pull the lever to the top while sitting in it it should drop, but it doesn’t

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cartela
Jan 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer C644 Classic
Is the base vehicle a mk7 transit? With our transit the seat is held down to base with torx bolts (star drive). Ours doesn't have swivels. It a matter of sliding the backwards and forwards to access the four bolts. The seats are heavy but can be lifted out of the door I aways put an old carpet down to rest the seat. Once upside down have a look at mechanism and strut. Mine are standard single ford seats some have replacement covers. Good luck.
Yes that’s right. Both seats swivel. Do yours move up and down?

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Yes that’s right. Both seats swivel. Do yours move up and down?
I'm not near the van till next week, from memory it has 2 levers, one lowers the back of the base and the other lowers the front or one lever that operates either end. I Seam to remember putting all weight on front first to lower front. then pushing into back of seat to lower back. I'm 15 stone it needs all my weight to lower seat. Hope that helps

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cartela
Jan 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer C644 Classic
I'm not near the van till next week, from memory it has 2 levers, one lowers the back of the base and the other lowers the front or one lever that operates either end. I Seam to remember putting all weight on front first to lower front. then pushing into back of seat to lower back. I'm 15 stone it needs all my weight to lower seat. Hope that helps
Oooo that sounds like something to try, I thought the front lever just tilted. Didn’t think to try pushing the back down! I’ll try that on Sunday when I’m there next

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back