Parking: Well done Carlisle City Council (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
If you come to sunny Southend on sea and drive along the seafront easterly, until you hit the area known as Thorpe Bay, where the beach huts are, the side roads here are parking charge free.
You cant put tables and chairs out but there is a big grassed area where you can picnic.
Just keep a low profile ( no pun intended ) and you can stay overnights no problem..... appydays… :cheers:
shame the put hieght restrictions on the beach at shoebury we used to go there regularly

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You are talking about East Beach. Yes I am afraid we still have some morons on the council, but I think the real reason is because of the pike's always invading the place.
If the reason for height barriers is abuse by some people then why label those on the council who try to protect taxpayers' money from wastage as morons?
It hardly helps the cause of people trying to increase provision for motorhomes when council members/officers read such comments.

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
If the reason for height barriers is abuse by some people then why label those on the council who try to protect taxpayers' money from wastage as morons?
It hardly helps the cause of people trying to increase provision for motorhomes when council members/officers read such comments.

I'm afraid you don't know the council here.
Many folk here wonder why, as a seaside town, the council do not seem to take advantage of that.
Too many new ideas are rejected, too many to go into here.
The main seaside amusement park Adventure Island, has invested lots of money on the town and of course needs plenty of visitors to keep going.
The council in there wisdom has decided to build a multiplex cinema (although we have already got one nearby) and shops on the main parking place for visitors ( Seaway car park) thus negating any parking for visitors.
I don't know if you have ever been to the town, if you did perhaps
you may have come to see the carnival lights at night on the seafront.
Don't bother now as these have been done away with and replaced with ugly concrete lampposts. Etc. Ect.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm afraid you don't know the council here.
Many folk here wonder why, as a seaside town, the council do not seem to take advantage of that.
Too many new ideas are rejected, too many to go into here.
The main seaside amusement park Adventure Island, has invested lots of money on the town and of course needs plenty of visitors to keep going.
The council in there wisdom has decided to build a multiplex cinema (although we have already got one nearby) and shops on the main parking place for visitors ( Seaway car park) thus negating any parking for visitors.
I don't know if you have ever been to the town, if you did perhaps
you may have come to see the carnival lights at night on the seafront.
Don't bother now as these have been done away with and replaced with ugly concrete lampposts. Etc. Ect.
It seems much the same as Middlesbrough Council then.
However, despite them getting so many things wrong (which, sometimes, are a matter of opinion) they do get some things right.
Whilst anyone deserves adverse criticism for the things they get wrong nobody deserves the same for what they get right.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buttons

Free Member
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I cant begin to imagine why anyone would choose to stay in Calisle, what is the attraction....:whistle:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I cant begin to imagine why anyone would choose to stay in Calisle, what is the attraction....:whistle:
this is a very good point, have you noticed, that where they are opening these parks up is where no one thinks of going and they are welcomeing the trade, but the ones that are closeing them are places that think they have enough without motorhomes

btw , this is the one that is £3.50;) from your post in another thread(y):)

buttons

Free Member
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
this is a very good point, have you noticed, that where they are opening these parks up is where no one thinks of going and they are welcomeing the trade, but the ones that are closeing them are places that think they have enough without motorhomes
btw , this is the one that is £3.50;) from your post in another thread(y):)
Thanks chaser, yes I agree and this is the crux of the problem. Popular resorts/destinations are not in need of, or want to be bothered with the hassle of motorhomes, why would they encourage them.
Contrary to the common belief, motorhomes do not bring prosperity to popular towns.(y)

Last edited:

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
It seems much the same as Middlesbrough Council then.
However, despite them getting so many things wrong (which, sometimes, are a matter of opinion) they do get some things right.
Whilst anyone deserves adverse criticism for the things they get wrong nobody deserves the same for what they get right.

whatever!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Part of the reason for Carlisle council doing this is because they have banned motorhomes from most (if not all) their other city car parks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back