Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
I think you missed a trick there.

After being informed he wasn't going to move his brand new car, in your most polite voice:

"oh, congratulations, lovely car!

" this motor home is new to me, to. I've just picked it up, I've never driven anything this size! I'm not too confident on maneuvering out of tight spaces, but we all have to learn sometime!

"do give me a shout if I get too close, but make it loud, the engine is rather noisy!"

A bit of kangaroo-ing backwards and forwards would soon get him moving.!!

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I've discovered if there's a space and you don't want someone to park in it then you have to make it impossible for them to park in it.

A few arsecrumpets will still try mind you but I'd have left half a car space in front not a full one .
Absolutely, if you park at an awkward angle people are scared to park anywhere near you as they are seriously worried you canā€™t drive and can hit anything.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
To cut a long and sometimes heated conversation short, he had a new car, didnā€™t know how it worked, didnā€™t want to park where it might get scratched, and yes heā€™d parked there deliberately because I shouldnā€™t park like that etc. Anyhow I had just enough room to manoeuvre out.
Interestingly, if you had given him a little nudge (not condonedšŸ˜‰) but there would have been nothing he could do as you were parked on private matter and it then becomes a civil matter that would have gone nowhere, obviously you have to have a pair in order to tell him your apologies and drive off.

Oct 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2017
Agreed. Why cause issues by parking across several car spaces when you could park up in just 2 that are end to end and be able to drive out.I think I would have blocked you in similarly if you had been a car doing that also . (y)
What issues is he causing ? ,
The car park is quite empty !
You would have blocked him in ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
You should have issued a ticketā€¦.

View attachment 898179
I need one of those as we live next to a Doctors Surgery and park halfway or all the way over my dropped Kirb driveway
However whilst waiting at the Euro tunnel who were putting down parking bay white line and asking where can I buy these rolls of white line
He said how many rolls would you like and wouldnā€™t take anything for them Top man

Apr 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
For good measure my two pet hates:
(a) People who park up on yellow lines in supermarkets to use the cashcard machine rather than parking in marked spaces and walking maybe 10 yards thus restricting traffic flow past them.
(b) Cars parking in clearly marked motorcycle bays leaving no space for me.

Both arise from a sense of entitlement and lack of social opprobrium to give rise to any sort of social control of such behaviour.

Chris

May 11, 2022
Castle Bromwich, Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Started self build December 2020, finished April 2022
Just relax, he never did it to aggravate you he just wanted to protect his new asset.

People seem to running at 6500 rpm and it only takes one perceived act of aggravation to tip people over the edge of reason. If your that stressed then you need to understand why and try and reduce it. Otherwise it leads to more stress when 'the bloke in the car' is a wrong un, and there's loads about.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Sorry to go against the flow here but a large Motorhome parking sideways along 8 parking spaces just smacks of ā€˜Entitled Motorhomerā€™ who doesnā€™t care about anyone else. Other users of the car park donā€™t know that you are only going to be there for 10 minutes, just consider how it looks.
On Most Motorway services there will be space at the side of the Petrol station just to stop quickly.
I have to admit I get hot under the collar when I see this on any carpark, also too, cars parking in the caravan/Motorhome bays, ā€˜entitled driversā€™ thinking that their vehicles are more precious than others.
So to answer your title I think Yes šŸ„“

I'd say it depends. I will park across several spaces in a supermarket but I only if there is plenty of space and I do it at the furthest spaces away from the shop as most shoppers can't be bothered to go there as they don't like walking.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I presume you didnt empty your grey and black waste whilst you were waiting ? :unsure:

Or, spread small pieces of bread on his roof to feed those hungry local pigeons and gulls.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Or, spread small pieces of bread on his roof to feed those hungry local pigeons and gulls.

Doesnā€™t workā€¦ā€¦ pesky birds pick it up and scarper, then shite on your car a bit later having processed their free meal.

Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
A lot of pent up anger out there ! Was waiting for blue badge space at hospital appointment for my wife, wanted one and half hours . Space became vacant went in to the space to the sound of horn blowing! Bloke in a car travelling the wrong way towards me shouted that he said he could park there ,and heā€™s had been waiting a long time, no idea whom he was , that told him he could have the space . I told him Iā€™d also been waiting a long time , and he was travelling the wrong way! He tod me I was a pain in the arse ! I thanked him and said he was the same , all ended well I kept the space !;)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We had a 5.4m Ducato. It was pretty cosy inside. We called it the crampervan. But it could be parked into a standard supermarket space in amongst the cars near the door... As long as the cars either side were smaller (although more fur their sake than ours, sliding doors mean easy access). Parallel parking on-street where you had to park between the lines was easy. I even got it into an underground car park in a city centre once because the entry level had a 2.6m restriction. There are SUVs that are pretty much the same size as a L2H2 Ducato, so it could be treated like a big car. I miss that flexibility.
Same size as mine..and I don't fall out with folk now because at 79 next I am past fighting...BUSBY šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

Aug 6, 2020
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2014
In a similar vein, it has been annoying calling at Tebay Services which have very well marked long bays for caravans/camper/motorhomes and to find them half full of cars (no trailer or caravan attached), with standard car spaces still available. I have had to drive off several times :mad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
For Sale
with standard car spaces still available
is it not possible there were no car parking places available when they arrived, so they used what was available.. then when cars left, car spaces became vacant ..

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
In a similar vein, it has been annoying calling at Tebay Services which have very well marked long bays for caravans/camper/motorhomes and to find them half full of cars (no trailer or caravan attached), with standard car spaces still available. I have had to drive off several times :mad:
Just park right up their arse. Or reverse in front until you are 'almost' touching.

Assuming there is (almost) enough space front or back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back