Park4night problems (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 22, 2018
Tasmania, Australia (northern summer in Europe)
Funster No
MH
Hymer Classic B584
Exp
Since 2019
It was not working for at least two days. The offline mode works IF you’ve downloaded the data when the app is working.

All they’ve said is it was ‘a server issue’. They really need a duplicate server ready to go just for this so their downtime is minutes instead of days. I’d pay more for the sub if it meant this happened.

I’d just crossed the channel (France to UK) do really needed it working. Had to buy Searchforsites (which for free aires is nowhere near as good).

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
So glad it's back up again, we were lost without it, it makes planning your next move so much easier - especially the photos and reviews. Campercontact is a waste of time since they 'improved' it last.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Park4night is available on both iOS and Android platforms, and can be downloaded for free. The app also offers a paid Park4night+ version (€2.49/month or €9.99/year). The premium version unlocks additional features such as offline mode, no ads, advanced filters, satellite view, and direct campsite contact.
It also has 'my favourites' folders that we use quite a lot for planning a trip, you can have as many folders as you need and you can give each folder its own icon and name. I wonder if anyone else uses these?

Screenshot_20240804-111814.png

Screenshot_20240804-113308.png

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Yep, aware of timeline, but that is for where you've been, not where you're thinking of going.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Don't want to keep on about this but you can put your favourites and plans into Google as well.View attachment 931829
Thanks for that, I didn't know about the Google Travel Plans. Just created a new map and have started added places to visit. I'm guessing you can then use Google Maps to route you to these places. I'll have a look at doing this next. :)

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
What was the difference?
You can also favourite sites, creating categories like you can on S4S. We plan to tour Scandinavia next year and P4N has a much better spread than the rest. So when someone mentions a nice place I favourite it under Denmark, Norway etc....

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You can also favourite sites, creating categories like you can on S4S. We plan to tour Scandinavia next year and P4N has a much better spread than the rest. So when someone mentions a nice place I favourite it under Denmark, Norway etc....

I have lots of sites as favourites. Some because we've been, and some to go to look at 👍.

We're always happy to pay for apps like this because we get more than our money's worth back.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks for that, I didn't know about the Google Travel Plans. Just created a new map and have started added places to visit. I'm guessing you can then use Google Maps to route you to these places. I'll have a look at doing this next. :)

suavecarve is great at adding places onto Google maps. I don't know how it's done, but I'm happy to receive his work.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
suavecarve is great at adding places onto Google maps. I don't know how it's done, but I'm happy to receive his work.
DBK If I remember correctly, you are off to Provence in a few weeks. I havent finished the planning yet for ours but I do have a semi decent map covering aires, wild swimming, beaux villages, dangerous roads etc. But I suspect with your previous in the area you wont be needing it.

More than happy to talk you through a couple of hints I have used before if creating your own map.

In fact, I could create a thread empowering everyone to create their own google map and others can help to educate me as I am completely self taught in this area.

1722776175280.png

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
DBK If I remember correctly, you are off to Provence in a few weeks. I havent finished the planning yet for ours but I do have a semi decent map covering aires, wild swimming, beaux villages, dangerous roads etc. But I suspect with your previous in the area you wont be needing it.

More than happy to talk you through a couple of hints I have used before if creating your own map.

In fact, I could create a thread empowering everyone to create their own google map and others can help to educate me as I am completely self taught in this area.

View attachment 931879
Many thanks, the plan is to go anti-clockwise from Roscoff to the Camargue. Beyond that I'm not sure if we will go much further into Provence given the time of year - no flowers and especially orchids which Provence has in abundance. We need a Spring trip for those so possibly next year. :)

I'm looking at the options for making a specific map for a single trip. Previously, I've just scribbled notes in a book and put stickers in the Michelin road atlas. I'm trying to see if I can bring this system into the modern era! :)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Many thanks, the plan is to go anti-clockwise from Roscoff to the Camargue. Beyond that I'm not sure if we will go much further into Provence given the time of year - no flowers and especially orchids which Provence has in abundance. We need a Spring trip for those so possibly next year. :)

I'm looking at the options for making a specific map for a single trip. Previously, I've just scribbled notes in a book and put stickers in the Michelin road atlas. I'm trying to see if I can bring this system into the modern era! :)

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No

View attachment 931879
That would be very helpful to many I suspect, including me.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
That would be very helpful to many I suspect, including me.

Oct 23, 2022
Middlesbrough, UK
Funster No
MH
SwiftKontiki Gr Prix
Exp
Since 2002
Anyone having problems with access to this app?
I used it earlier today, but can’t seem to get anything from it this evening.
I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but nothing seems to work, mrs ebb also having problems so it’s not my iPad.
just loaded mine and it’s working fine

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Seems to be OK at the moment, just downloaded Northern Europe for offline use just in case. The problem is you rely on a resource then it goes down and lets you down.

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Normally have the offline version on my iPad, and live on my iPhone. That way always covered in poor signal areas. Subscription is a bargain for us.

Jun 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Anyone having problems with access to this app?
I used it earlier today, but can’t seem to get anything from it this evening.
I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but nothing seems to work, mrs ebb also having problems so it’s not my iPad.
No but a lot of park 4 Night places in Portugal closed now or risk of GNR Police fines.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back