Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
They have just published a fb story saying it is a hardware issue.
IMG_5940.png
IMG_5941.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They need Gromett on the case! šŸ™ƒ

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Not working in Denmark, left us in a bit of a pickle, found a clearing in a forest then a Dutch guy walked up, he had the offline map downloaded and directed me to a great place, he had seen us as he passed and walked all the way back to tell us. I have tried to download offline maps two weeks ago in Norway but it never succeeded. And before you say, yes, I am paid up. S4S is hopeless for park-ups especially in Norway. Mainly good for paid sites or French aires. I hope P4N sorts it out soon.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Is there not an offline facility?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I've just been on a P4N Facebook. Some of the comments are laughable, if they weren't so sad. "Stranded!" "Compensation?" and more. We use P4N extensively, but, using our little grey cells and Google maps, we've managed to move to our present place.

I'd rather just use P4N though šŸ˜‚

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
I've just been on a P4N Facebook. Some of the comments are laughable, if they weren't so sad. "Stranded!" "Compensation?" and more. We use P4N extensively, but, using our little grey cells and Google maps, we've managed to move to our present place.

I'd rather just use P4N though šŸ˜‚
Ha ha very silly. Thereā€™s always hurdles to overcome touring. They could simply type a search into Google. As for compensation it cost less than Ā£10 in the first place šŸ˜‚

Aug 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
campervan
Anyone having problems with access to this app?
I used it earlier today, but canā€™t seem to get anything from it this evening.
Iā€™ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but nothing seems to work, mrs ebb also having problems so itā€™s not my iPad.
Iā€™m having issues the last 3-4 days. I close the app, log back in and momentarily I see places. Then they disappear and wonā€™t allow me to search again. I repeat the process. I canā€™t even report the problem as the app just ā€œhangsā€. Quite frustrating as Iā€™m on the road at the moment. Does anyone know how to report the problem? Or are they able to report it on my, and everyone elseā€™s behalf?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Iā€™m having issues the last 3-4 days. I close the app, log back in and momentarily I see places. Then they disappear and wonā€™t allow me to search again. I repeat the process. I canā€™t even report the problem as the app just ā€œhangsā€. Quite frustrating as Iā€™m on the road at the moment. Does anyone know how to report the problem? Or are they able to report it on my, and everyone elseā€™s behalf?
If you pay for the app you can use it offline.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
HaHa, remember the good old days before apps and Sat Navs and you had to rely on the old aires book?
If you were lucky it was signposted on entering the location, if not you had to ask using your best Franglais, those were the days. :giggle:

Older versions were available ;) .....

9782902417742.jpg

Pete

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
HaHa, remember the good old days before apps and Sat Navs and you had to rely on the old aires book?
If you were lucky it was signposted on entering the location, if not you had to ask using your best Franglais, those were the days. :giggle:

View attachment 931412

Pete
Still use mine and a map and good old Google. We can always find somewhere to park. People have been very rude on their fb page. To rely on only one search method is a little short sided . IT is fab when it is working, dire when it isnā€™t.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

View attachment 931412

Pete
Yes those were the days, on our first trip we had nothing but all the Aires books and a fold out map of Europe, brilliant everyday something different, now you pretty much know what places are like before you get there, we do now use p4n but nowhere near stuck without it.
This is also why I dislike camping carpark s, they have took all the fun out of finding a nice airer in the middle of nowhere.
Folks nowadays don't have half the fun it used to be.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Would never rely on just one method of finding parking places, also use search for sites and have all the aires france books, gave away our ancient over 10yo spain aires book.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Welcome to the forum.

There's no point reporting it, everyone is in the same boat.

The problem is at their end, not yours.

When it gets fixed it will be fixed, nothing you can do but sit tight, or use another service.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Back up and working fine for us in Norway again tonight.

To be fair, we've managed fine without it. A handful of decent daytime park-ups on the Atlantic Highway and in Kristiansund, a free "pump and dump" service stop, a top-up of LPG, and now a lovely spot for the night. Best not to become too dependent on P4N I guess!

Nice to have it back again though. šŸ‘

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
P4N being down is very much like a total failure of European Air Traffic Control...
All aircraft grounded, motorhomes parking up and waiting for guidance on where to go and routes to take..
I fortunately have Camper Contact on my phone...but unfortunately they forgot to put Motorhome Aires on the map...well just a few...nothing like P4N I must say..
So we are back on line and we all can plan ahead again..phew..šŸ„³šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡¦šŸ‘

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering what you get for the paid membership, as it seems to work ok without a subscription- currently we pay for S4Sites and I think itā€™s good value but just wondering if itā€™s worth paying a subscription for P4N as well

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering what you get for the paid membership, as it seems to work ok without a subscription- currently we pay for S4Sites and I think itā€™s good value but just wondering if itā€™s worth paying a subscription for P4N as well
If it's doing all you need for free don't bother paying, I did for a couple of years but found it a bit overloaded and gone back to the free version.
One thing though you have to sign in with a password even for the free version to get all you need.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
If it's doing all you need for free don't bother paying, I did for a couple of years but found it a bit overloaded and gone back to the free version.
One thing though you have to sign in with a password even for the free version to get all you need.

What was the difference?

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Park4night is available on both iOS and Android platforms, and can be downloaded for free. The app also offers a paid Park4night+ version (ā‚¬2.49/month or ā‚¬9.99/year). The premium version unlocks additional features such as offline mode, no ads, advanced filters, satellite view, and direct campsite contact.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What was the difference?
The main one is you can filter the results for example, only sites with hookup , but if you do you can miss some great sites just because it only shows the ones with electricity, if you are on free you get them all and do your own filtering.
There are a few other things as well, downloading maps for one thing but never felt the need.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

View attachment 931412

Pete
As I said earlier cCP has ruined that now, soon there will be no old fashioned Aires left.

Last edited:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
As I said earlier PCP has ruined that now, soon there will be no old fashioned Aires left.
In France they will reduce...but in Spain many new Aires are being provided by local councils together with the popular private ones...
We have in one region a superb network of 6ā‚¬ a night gated parking...if electric is required that's another 2.45ā‚¬. Unfortunately the network is not on the main Tourist routes...but for us, we love them...

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
Park4night is available on both iOS and Android platforms, and can be downloaded for free. The app also offers a paid Park4night+ version (ā‚¬2.49/month or ā‚¬9.99/year). The premium version unlocks additional features such as offline mode, no ads, advanced filters, satellite view, and direct campsite contact.
And don't forget, by subscribing, you are also supporting/financing them (so outages may be less frequent)... :rolleyes:

Watch out for 'deals' at shows, etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back