Pampelonne, Ramatuelle & St Tropez (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We are at the aire by the beach on the western end of Pampelonne beach. It’s now off season so €20 per night plus tourist tax. Very large aire! The beach is all of 50m away and there is a good beach cafe/restaurant and another just up the hill. There is a “Petit Train” which goes round and around during the day so you can get from a more remote campsite via the local posh new Spar shop to the beach which is free. The bus to St Tropez is the 875 which goes from the Spar shop at €2.5 each way for adults. There is another local bus which does a circuit of local villages to bring people to the beach. We are going on this this morning to the Sunday market at Ramatuelle. A bread van visits daily at about 8:30am. The old Aire at the eastern end of the beach at Les Tamaris is no more.
IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_3425.jpeg
IMG_3424.jpeg
IMG_3425.jpeg

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Had my first holiday there as a teenager, in the late 70’s.

When I say 1st holiday, it was my first. I had never been away.

We took our children to San trop for many years. Last took our grandchildren in 2018.

Great info. Thanks for posting.

Wish we were there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
It doesn't seem so long ago when it was 6.5 E/n, and the guardien was Laurant (not sure of the spelling). Remember when he retired, most of the brits there had a bit of a leaving do for him, we didn't need really need an excuse to get the vino flowing! It was our go to aire for many years, we'd usually arrive early to mid September, and still be there into October, when Laurant made it 3 nights pay for two, to keep the campers there. Lots of brits, germans, dutch, and met most of them year after year. Very happy times.
Allen

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Phew.

I missed a heart attack on my wallet 👍. I need to thank Le Mistral for putting us off.

Looks stunning though and when I win the premium bonds I might risk a night, or cycle in from le Plan de la tour. Great photos.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We took the free bus to Ramatuelle and on the way went via another beach at L’Escalet around the headland from the lighthouse which looked nice.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The free shuttle bus that goes from the beach, via the Spar, the other beach and villages up to the hilltop village of Ramatuelle with a Sunday morning market, mostly clothes, jewellery, pottery, linens, shoes, honey and Nick nacks but some food stalls.

IMG_3471.jpeg

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
There has been an exodus today as the weather has changed with a heavy downpour. Quite a few spaces now available.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back