Paint or paper interior - smart or not?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
I’m We have a 2013 Bessacarr E412 - the interior cupboards are brown. It’s not as bad as the 2001 brown of our previous motorhome, but it’s a bit glum. We really don’t like the ‘modern’ glossy finishes, nor do we like the ‘superyacht’ cream and greys - so purchasing a new(er) vehicle is not tor us. We like the van, just getting bored with the brown.

We could paint, or wallpaper. Our taste is not wild, just a nicer colour would be preferred.

I’d love to hear experiences and/or advice from fellow Funsters who have considered or tried this route.

Should we try to have something that’s reversible for when the time comes to sell? Does it matter?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Have you considered getting them wrapped. I thought about getting mine done.

OP
OP
kev54
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Have you considered getting them wrapped. I thought about getting mine done.
Thanks for the suggestion Landy Andy We’re going to have to find out what that might entail! I know what outside wrapping is, but had not considered it for inside. The biggest questions are choice of colour and choice of finish (plasticky would not be nice). It’s not just the doors but all surfaces need doing if we do anything

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
A few on here have just done doors. Mostly with high gloss and simple single colour. I know not your taste, but it looked great, more modern, lightened the interior and made a huge difference.

68c

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Sticky backed plastic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil Terrestra
Exp
Since 2004
I would go with Fablon or the equivalent as long as you are patient when applying it to get rid of all air bubbles that is not as easy as most people think. (You need a good squeegee). They come in several matte finishes. When it comes to sell, you carefully peel them and then use contact adhesive remover to get rid of the residue.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I have wrapped some of my ‘superyacht’ van in clear to protect it from usage ware whilst keeping the grey colour and it was pretty easy to apply to one surface and the edges, but the panel door was removed. When I overlapped to the reverse for about 1” just to finish I felt had I wanted to do it all I would have ended up with ripples. It was a fold gown door into the garage area and I stand items on it when folded down inside the garage so it’s like a deep shelf. It would get scuffed eventually, hence the wrapping.

I imagine trying to do a full interior, exterior, edges etc would be a nightmare and possibly impossible to achieve a good finish due to the many surfaces and corners.

I think if it were me I would paint all the interiors, edges with doors removed and then wrap just the door fronts and edges. I think that would be achievable with a good finish giving it the time and effort.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I’m We have a 2013 Bessacarr E412 - the interior cupboards are brown. It’s not as bad as the 2001 brown of our previous motorhome, but it’s a bit glum. We really don’t like the ‘modern’ glossy finishes, nor do we like the ‘superyacht’ cream and greys - so purchasing a new(er) vehicle is not tor us. We like the van, just getting bored with the brown.

We could paint, or wallpaper. Our taste is not wild, just a nicer colour would be preferred.

I’d love to hear experiences and/or advice from fellow Funsters who have considered or tried this route.

Should we try to have something that’s reversible for when the time comes to sell? Does it matter?
You could get them sprayed. My neighbour had his vw done as the dark interior was depressing
Looks great

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
The wrap would be in vinyl so easy to wipe over. Any colour you like, gloss or satin. And you can take it off when re selling if you wanted to. 👍

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
My granddaughter has wrapped a few pieces of furniture in vinyl and has done one with scalloped edges but there are no wrinkles . It looks like a deep gloss . It's really good but at the rear there has to be an overlapped edge which is only visible when the doors are open or you run your fingers under the horizontal edges.
I don't know how easy it is to remove though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
My granddaughter has wrapped a few pieces of furniture in vinyl and has done one with scalloped edges but there are no wrinkles . It looks like a deep gloss . It's really good but at the rear there has to be an overlapped edge which is only visible when the doors are open or you run your fingers under the horizontal edges.
I don't know how easy it is to remove though.
Good old fablon or sticky black plastic as Blue Peter would say
I could never not wrinkle it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back