Packing External Screen Cover (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 14, 2022
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Bavaria T71LP
Exp
50 years of boating, just one on motorhomes.
I know, stooopid!!!!!!

In my defence I was unsupervised, very hot and enthusiastic!

I have just bought one of these https://www.marvix.co.uk/collection...turn-down-cab-cover-ducato-boxer-x250-2006-on

It is fantistic, fits very nicely and I am very happy but..... It came in a really nice zipped back and it was not tightly packed into it so like an idiot I did not take any photos of how it fitted in. Of course, since then I have never managed to fold it to be less than double the size of the bag!

If anyone has one, and they can fit it back into the bag could they please tell me how?

I know, pay more attention!

OP
OP
DavidCh
Apr 14, 2022
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Bavaria T71LP
Exp
We’ve got the same one. Found it tricky to start with but got the hang of it now.
1) Fold each side (on the creases as it came)
2) then fold in halves lengthways
3) then roll on the short side - slowly and VERY tight and getting as much air out as possible
4) Fit elastic band thing over, but keep holding tight
5) Still holding tight slip one rolled end first into bag lengthways then slide rest of the ‘roll’ in
6) Zip bag up . . . quickly!

Sounds faffy but we manage it pretty swiftly now, although definitely a two person job for us. If packed wet I always unpack and dry it out indoors once home in case of mould.

Could do with better/tighter strap(s) - I might try and find some now 🙂

Hope this helps! If you need more let me know and I’ll DM you pics on our trip week after next.
I would really appreciate your pics. I ended up looking like a typical bloke trying to put a cover on a duvet!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DavidCh
Apr 14, 2022
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Bavaria T71LP
Exp
It's a little bit of origami but if you fold it on the zips first you'll find the 'natural creases' and then it all makes sense. You'll then get it folded into 1/3s and it then goes back in the bag.
There is a video of it online somewhere.. I had to get it to remind me, just had Quick Look but can't locate it.
Unfortunately, mine disintegrated last year, so I no longer have one.
I've now realised this post is as useful as a chocolate fireguard..

Good Luck.
Thanks Paul. One day, when I finally work it out I will do a video :)

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
. . . the "Optima" by Marvix as all the edges have started to not fray, but powder away! Its been used quite a lot but it's not yet two years old.
This is the reply I’ve had from Marvix. (We’ve only really used ours for a year as we couldn’t get away much in 2022 and definitely haven’t left it on over Winter or stored it wet). The fact that they’ve ‘upgraded the edging’ suggests a problem to me! I’m thinking about their offer, which I guess is reasonable . . .
—————————————————————
Good afternoon,

we are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with item. The lifespan of this item will be significantly reduced if the item is continuously used as a winter cover or stored away without drying off. This item is not designed for long-term winter storage as extensive exposure to UV light will cause accelerated fabric degradation. Unfortunately, the manufacturer warranty no longer applies for your transaction but if you wish we can offer a 50% discount on the replacement item. Last year the edging material has been upgraded to withstand more severe weather conditions and UV light.
————————————————————-

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
This is the reply I’ve had from Marvix. (We’ve only really used ours for a year as we couldn’t get away much in 2022 and definitely haven’t left it on over Winter or stored it wet). The fact that they’ve ‘upgraded the edging’ suggests a problem to me! I’m thinking about their offer, which I guess is reasonable . . .
—————————————————————
Good afternoon,

we are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with item. The lifespan of this item will be significantly reduced if the item is continuously used as a winter cover or stored away without drying off. This item is not designed for long-term winter storage as extensive exposure to UV light will cause accelerated fabric degradation. Unfortunately, the manufacturer warranty no longer applies for your transaction but if you wish we can offer a 50% discount on the replacement item. Last year the edging material has been upgraded to withstand more severe weather conditions and UV light.
————————————————————-
Looks like I had better email them and see. We haven't used ours for any long term coverage as we close the Remis blinds when it is in "storage" on our drive. We only use it when we are actually in it and away from home.

By sheer fluke I have all the emails and order details from Marvix and so replied to the order confirmation....

But do I want another one that I can't get back in its bag? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
Looks like I had better email them and see. We haven't used ours for any long term coverage as we close the Remis blinds when it is in "storage" on our drive. We only use it when we are actually in it and away from home.
I used the ‘Contact Us’ thing here:

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
I used the ‘Contact Us’ thing here:
To be honest over the almost two years we have had it, apart from being unable to wrestle it back in the bag, it's done the job we wanted it for. Never had condensation and it's longer than many others and covers the wipers and the gap between the bonnet and the screen.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If the screens are otherwise in good condition then go and look for a someone who does repairs, even a curtain shop, as they're likely to be able to put new edging on for you or know someone who can.

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
To be honest over the almost two years we have had it, apart from being unable to wrestle it back in the bag, it's done the job we wanted it for. Never had condensation and it's longer than many others and covers the wipers and the gap between the bonnet and the screen.
Ours is exactly the same covering the gap great as it stops debris falling into the vents & as for stopping condensation top notch , never had a prob getting it in bag wet or dry 👍.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
DavidCh
Here’s the pics of how we fold our Optima silver screen. We basically fold both sides inwards at each step. (The last pic makes it look as though it’s wider at one end but that’s just my poor photographic skills)
Last step is a very tight roll riding over all the bumps and creases excluding as much air as poss.
IMG_3458.jpeg

IMG_3459.jpeg

IMG_3460.jpeg

IMG_3461.jpeg
I’ve just bought a couple of straps from Amazon which I’m hoping will be better than the weak elastic thingy to hold the roll together:
IMG_3462.jpeg

Posting here rather than DM in case it helps others.

Hope this helps 🙂

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back