Packing External Screen Cover (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 14, 2022
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Bavaria T71LP
Exp
50 years of boating, just one on motorhomes.
I know, stooopid!!!!!!

In my defence I was unsupervised, very hot and enthusiastic!

I have just bought one of these https://www.marvix.co.uk/collection...turn-down-cab-cover-ducato-boxer-x250-2006-on

It is fantistic, fits very nicely and I am very happy but..... It came in a really nice zipped back and it was not tightly packed into it so like an idiot I did not take any photos of how it fitted in. Of course, since then I have never managed to fold it to be less than double the size of the bag!

If anyone has one, and they can fit it back into the bag could they please tell me how?

I know, pay more attention!

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
We have a similar set- we lie it on the ground and roll it all up together, start bas small as possible and it should work!
Good luck, Dave

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I have made the same mistake and cannot get it into the bag.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
It puts me off using it as often as I might, especially when you know you'll have to put it away wet :doh:

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
We’ve got the same one. Found it tricky to start with but got the hang of it now.
1) Fold each side (on the creases as it came)
2) then fold in halves lengthways
3) then roll on the short side - slowly and VERY tight and getting as much air out as possible
4) Fit elastic band thing over, but keep holding tight
5) Still holding tight slip one rolled end first into bag lengthways then slide rest of the ‘roll’ in
6) Zip bag up . . . quickly!

Sounds faffy but we manage it pretty swiftly now, although definitely a two person job for us. If packed wet I always unpack and dry it out indoors once home in case of mould.

Could do with better/tighter strap(s) - I might try and find some now 🙂

Hope this helps! If you need more let me know and I’ll DM you pics on our trip week after next.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
I know, stooopid!!!!!!

I have just bought one of these https://www.marvix.co.uk/collection...turn-down-cab-cover-ducato-boxer-x250-2006-on

It is fantistic, fits very nicely and I am very happy but..... It came in a really nice zipped back and it was not tightly packed into it so like an idiot I did not take any photos of how it fitted in. Of course, since then I have never managed to fold it to be less than double the size of the bag!

If anyone has one, and they can fit it back into the bag could they please tell me how?

I have one bought in November 2022. It's never been back into the flimsy bag it came in. When I see other makes being folded easily and packed away I wonder of mine is simple too thickly padded to get it into the bag!

At the moment it's in the shower folded into a kind of dart shape!

I'll be in the market for a new one soon as the "Optima" by Marvix as all the edges have started to not fray, but powder away! Its been used quite a lot but it's not yet two years old. Sating that it has done the job, just a PITA to put away!

P.S. I did take photos of it as I took it out on Day 1. They are no help at all!

IMG_20240527_212139029_HDR.jpg

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Ours was from Magnum Motorhomes.
Similar cost, cuts almost perfectly and yes a faff on to put back in the bag.
Took the magnets out fairly quickly. They attract carp a d you end up with scratches.
Happy Jack.

Upvote 1

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Secret...... But a bigger bag (y):giggle:

Don't tell everyone
Correct!:notworthy2:

The perfect bag for our Taylormade screens is like this.

Brand new and free out of a skip when local university was closing down their remote physical education complex and dumping loads of kit.:dance2:

Much more robust and nigh on waterproof, as well, so can put them away wet as long as you remember to dry them out later.(y)

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
. . . the "Optima" by Marvix as all the edges have started to not fray, but powder away! Its been used quite a lot but it's not yet two years old.
That’s interesting - we bought ours in 2022 and the tape has powdered on the bottom edge. I’ve sewn some tape over but it was a bigger job than I thought and I won’t be doing it again.

A shame as otherwise a good product. Think I’ll write to Marvix.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
The problem isn't the screens, it's the bag,.let it see a mere hint of moisture and they shrink, instantly four sizes. We use one of those plastic grey tubs from Tessie's, it can go anywhere then as even if the screen's are wet, it's not an issue. Ours are Polars.
Mike.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
That’s interesting - we bought ours in 2022 and the tape has powdered on the bottom edge. I’ve sewn some tape over but it was a bigger job than I thought and I won’t be doing it again.

A shame as otherwise a good product. Think I’ll write to Marvix.
Mine has gone in different places but mostly on the lower edge across the bonnet and a few bits on the side. It does seem to be thicker padded that the ones I have seen from silver screen etc.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
Mine has gone in different places but mostly on the lower edge across the bonnet and a few bits on the side. It does seem to be thicker padded that the ones I have seen from silver screen etc.
Interesting - very similar pattern of damage to ours!
I think the edging tape they use is substandard; not really fit for purpose. A shame because otherwise they are really good products.

I’ve messaged Marvix - I’ll post on here if they come back with anything worth saying. 🙂

Upvote 1

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Find a bigger bag or do like we do with our silver screens, stop bothering to take them at all unless you’re going on long trips and staying in one place. It’s far easier!
I don’t know about silver screens, but how did yesterday go ?!?!?

Upvote 0
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
It's a little bit of origami but if you fold it on the zips first you'll find the 'natural creases' and then it all makes sense. You'll then get it folded into 1/3s and it then goes back in the bag.
There is a video of it online somewhere.. I had to get it to remind me, just had Quick Look but can't locate it.
Unfortunately, mine disintegrated last year, so I no longer have one.
I've now realised this post is as useful as a chocolate fireguard..

Good Luck.

Upvote 0
Dec 1, 2013
South West
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
I'm a newbie
I know, stooopid!!!!!!

Look on YouTube for a vid?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back