P24D1-92 DTC - Faulty Particulate Matter sensor, Fiat Ducato 2.3 140 Adria Compact (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
I appreceate this is a bit of a known issue and has probably been discussed many times previously, but I've tried searching and can't find a definitive answer.

I've had this P24D1-92 DTC issue on my 2021 Fiat Ducato Adria Compact for about the last 4 months. It's been reset and it keeps coming back. When it comes on it disables start/stop and sticks you in one power mode.

Has anyone replaced this Particulate Matter sensor themselves, is it an easy job or is it best to give it to Fiat Professional dealer?

TIA

Mike

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
If you are referring to the dpf sensor ( exhaust particulate sensor) then it’s simply 2 small bolts a wiring clip and 2 small hose clips.
The sensor was low down a the chassis near the offside front wheel.
On later models I believe it’s mounted higher up but same side.

OP
OP
M
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
If you are referring to the dpf sensor ( exhaust particulate sensor) then it’s simply 2 small bolts a wiring clip and 2 small hose clips.
The sensor was low down a the chassis near the offside front wheel.
On later models I believe it’s mounted higher up but same side.
Hi Phil, that's great, thanks for replying I assume being a 2021 I have the latter version, is it accessible from under the bonnet or from underneath do you know?

Mike

Reactions: f6c
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Access from underneath. I believe your 2021 is slightly higher up, simply follow the 2 pipes off the dpf.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Phill D i think you are refering to the differential dpf pressure sensor which was a "popular" failure on the x250 .
mike_babb your problem P24D1-92 is related to the "particulate matter sensor" as used on Adblue models. its located on the DPF. was a common failure, apparently it is a superseded part now

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Phill D i think you are refering to the differential dpf pressure sensor which was a "popular" failure on the x250 .
mike_babb your problem P24D1-92 is related to the "particulate matter sensor" as used on Adblue models. its located on the DPF. was a common failure, apparently it is a superseded part now
You are correct I was referring to the DPF and I thought I made that statement in my post.
In fact I asked the op if that was what was being referred to!

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
You are correct I was referring to the DPF and I thought I made that statement in my post.
In fact I asked the op if that was what was being referred to!
I know you know what you are talking about. We had too many discussions where that damnned sensor is , I have an X290 and i couldnt find it where you were telling me it was. Problem realy is Fiat and thier poor Nomenclature, too many DPF sensors. Both are used to measure how blocked the DPF is, but in different ways.

OP
OP
M
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Thanks guys. I only stated that it was a Particulate Matter sensor because that is what it displayed on the fault reader display. Are there any schematics available for this DPF sensor?

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
the differential-pressure-sensor is dealt with in this guide. And can be diagnosed with following info,

The particulate mater sensor is a 2 part sensor and control unit sold as one unit fitted to the 2.3 adblu model.
Some errors are in the connector.
I couldn''t find any photos of it in position, if you manage to get it done could you photograph it for me please.

particulate mater sensor.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
That
the differential-pressure-sensor is dealt with in this guide. And can be diagnosed with following info,

The particulate mater sensor is a 2 part sensor and control unit sold as one unit fitted to the 2.3 adblu model.
I couldn''t find any photos of it in position, if you manage to get it done could you photograph it for me please.

View attachment 933922

That is super-helpful, thanks. If I find it I'll be sure to take a photo and post it.

I note from the link to the Fiat Forum that if you change the sensor it will require reprogramming to the ecu. Is that not something that a Fiat Professional garage, or similar, will have to do?

Mike

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I note from the link to the Fiat Forum that if you change the sensor it will require reprogramming to the ecu. Is that not something that a Fiat Professional garage, or similar, will have to do?
No it can be done Diy with very specific kit.
how to select what you need from Gendan (simplest method)

OP
OP
M
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
No it can be done Diy with very specific kit.
how to select what you need from Gendan (simplest method)
Thanks 👍

OP
OP
M
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC

View attachment 933922
Sorry to resurrect this again, I'm back from a few weeks away and keen to put this to bed. I've had another look under the van and cannot find this sensor for the life of me. I have a local garage that will replace it for me if I provide them with the part. I would rather source a genuine part supplied by Fiat anyway. Fiat say that the part number is 5190 8411, but when I Google that part I come up with something that looks more like this, which doesn't look like the Bosch part in the image above. Which one is then part that has the track record of failing? I don't want to get the wrong sensor.

differential-pressure-sensor-dpf-fiat-ducato-since-2006-iveco-daily-since-2011.jpg

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Sorry to resurrect this again, I'm back from a few weeks away and keen to put this to bed. I've had another look under the van and cannot find this sensor for the life of me. I have a local garage that will replace it for me if I provide them with the part. I would rather source a genuine part supplied by Fiat anyway. Fiat say that the part number is 5190 8411, but when I Google that part I come up with something that looks more like this, which doesn't look like the Bosch part in the image above. Which one is then part that has the track record of failing? I don't want to get the wrong sensor.

View attachment 937847
Has your van got Adblu?
The part shown above is the differential pressure dpf sensor
The code you quoted implicates the particulate mater sensor which is a 2 part sensor and control unit sold as one unit fitted to the 2.3 adblu model. Contact Fiat with the code and vin number for clarity.

Jan 27, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2016
That

That is super-helpful, thanks. If I find it I'll be sure to take a photo and post it.

Mike
A useful post, thanks

OP
OP
M
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Thanks for that diagram. 👍

Just popped head under van. Is it this?

20240822_112753.jpg

OP
OP
M
Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Actually, comparing the exploded diagram, I can see that it's not the cat. I think the cat is way more inaccessible!

20240822_115538.jpg

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
The later Ducatos must be the easiest engine spaces to work in and the quality and ease of getting fiat information is beyond, beyond.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back