Outline LED Marker Lights, the red/white ones up top? (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
Has anyone ever changed one of these on a Burstner Lyseo. I’ve cracked one, got a replacement from my dealer and tried to swap it earlier. Unfortunately there is absolutely no slack in the twin cables in the van to the old light unit. I’m sure there’s plenty but I’m guessing Burstner have stuck or fixed the cables to the inside of the upper side panel. There was loads of what looks like black chewing gum around the mounting holes and screws. I pulled this off to clear the hole the cable passed through but the cables didn’t budge more than about 25mm. I didn’t fancy giving it a good tug for fear of either breaking the wires or pulling the spade connections apart and losing the cables inside. There’s no access points in any of the rear upper bedroom cupboards, this has me beaten. Any guidance, tips etc would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Blue Moon

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The "black chewing gum" will be non setting mastic and needs to be replaced if you cleaned it off.
Don't pull on the wires, much better to extend them if there is insufficient to work with.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Blue Moon
Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
The "black chewing gum" will be non setting mastic and needs to be replaced if you cleaned it off.
Don't pull on the wires, much better to extend them if there is insufficient to work with.
What non-setting mastic would you recommend?

I’ve about 25mm of slack, if I cut the old wires where they come out of the old light unit. What would be recommended as a cable connection that’s easy to work with on a tight cable run and a 10/12mm hole in the body?

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I find Wago connectors are very useful. Available as pass through in multiple configurations.

Screenshot_20240512-125149.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think Wago's would be too bit.
Solder but joints might be the answer.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I think Wago's would be too bit.
Solder but joints might be the answer.
Got a set of them, absolute rubbish. Better to solder the proper way.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back