Our wee trip up the west coast (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Way back when in the day when I was of a size that wouldn't capsized the dinghy the jetty and compound outlined used to be used, along with Hogganfield, by Glasgow Schools Sailing Club.:whistle2:

View attachment 896440

Think it's a wee cafe now. :unsure:

Represented Glasgow on a couple of occasions in the national championship here! Never won but we had a great excuse in that we stopped racing to rescue another crew who's dinghy had capsized and they couldn't get it righted. The safety boat was already attending another such incident.:Eeek:

Racing was called off for the day after that so we adjourned to a wee chippy down close to the Torpedo Factory before heading home.

Spent a lot of my childhood in LL, we had a caravan at Inverberg and my parents would take us there just about every weekend and school summer holidays. They would leave us there with our gran while they still worked, even ended up going to school there for a few months between houses. We moved from Giffnock to Mount Vernon, my dad with no diy skills thought the house was a quick do up 😂😂 6 months it took 😂😂

Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
Ah, I think we were chatting with you at Calgary Bay. We were talking about your wee dog. Actually, I’ve just checked my photos and I think you were parked beside us. We have a grey Globecar PVC.

We were on Mull for about 10 days. Glorious weather and great off-grid options. We left yesterday via the Fishnish to Lochaline ferry as you don’t need to book. We spent last night in the car park at Lochaline, having a drink and pizza in the social club.

IMG_3065.jpeg

Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
Some cracking (pun intended!) photos there, Gerry.(y)

Can get real drafty there if a strong wind from the south west!:Eeek:

I see you found the cracked egg rock, as well!:Smile:

OK, so what constitutes a "large camper van"? Anything over 6.9m I'm guessing.:whistle2::giggler:

View attachment 895286
Enjoy the rest of your trip.
The area at the other end of the beach where this sign is located has a very narrow gate entrance. I estimated the width with the Measure app on my phone and it seemed to be a shade under 2 meters, so too narrow for our Fiat Ducato PVC.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Ah, I think we were chatting with you at Calgary Bay. We were talking about your wee dog. Actually, I’ve just checked my photos and I think you were parked beside us. We have a grey Globecar PVC.

We were on Mull for about 10 days. Glorious weather and great off-grid options. We left yesterday via the Fishnish to Lochaline ferry as you don’t need to book. We spent last night in the car park at Lochaline, having a drink and pizza in the social club.

View attachment 896585

Yes that was us, nice to have met you and always good to put a name to a poster.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
Park4Night is our first port of call.
Oh dear doesn’t bode well for our June/July trip and our 6M van is a coachbuilt. Are these places on park 4night and search for sites lorger
Loving the photos and glad you are having good weather

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
Yes that was us, nice to have met you and always good to put a name to a poster.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Good to meet you too.

We are at Loch Tulla tonight so will be home tomorrow. I can’t believe how lucky we have been with the weather. Sunshine every day for the last week, apart from one evening of rain…at least until the thunderstorms this evening. We saw several sunburnt folk on Mull!

We really noticed how busy the roads were once we crossed on the Corran ferry to the A82, compared with the traffic on Mull and Morvern.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
lorger I see you stopped in at Troon over the weekend on your way to Girvan!(y):whistle2:

View attachment 896703

Have you just chartered it from the owner of Fulham FC or have you bought it outright, Gerry?:unsure:

I normally just tow that behind the van but due to the single track roads I had my man bring it round 😂😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back