LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
£499 folding Tamden
£700 whoosh electric rear wheel 20ah kit fitted by them (still to be done)
£400 Rear steady but lightweight bumper bar to protect bodywork and fit Tamden to(it will be powder coated
The bike quality is poor but perfectly functional for the use it will get
It folds in half so can go in the car or camper boot it all still needs finishing

image.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
£499 folding Tamden
£700 whoosh electric rear wheel 20ah kit fitted by them (still to be done)
£400 Rear steady but lightweight bumper bar to protect bodywork and fit Tamden to(it will be powder coated
The bike quality is poor but perfectly functional for the use it will get
It folds in half so can go in the car or camper boot it all still needs finishing

View attachment 969635
What made you go for a folding tandem given you're not folding it for transporting?

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
What made you go for a folding tandem given you're not folding it for transporting?
Quite a few reasons led me to get this
1. storage at home
2. we had a very nice ali one not folding and it was 8ft long awkard to store and much higher to the top of the handle bars
3. We have a PVC camper that i really want to keep so it will fit in its boot
4. This folding tamden is low with the seats of and handle bars lowered and can simply slide it in the garage of camper but our non folding one would not.
We would be travelling to spain and whilst travelling down it will be in the boot of the camper in the photo for security
and when we start to use it we can have it on the back.
I was concerned about the quality of the bike before it was delivered but now its here i,m content. For the use it will get its a compromise worth it

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
It’s now back in its box not its perminant place but so much easier than our old one

image.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My elder son has just had a tandem made in titanium to his own design. All brake pipes are concealed within the frame which separates (unscrews) just behind the front seat pillar into two halves so that he can transport it across the back of his Autotrail PVC. It has gear changing by Bluetooth so no wires or control cables.

Tandem b.JPG

Tandem.JPG

When he contacted Skarper, about their e-Assist power unit they said they'd never supplied one before for a tandem so sent him one to evaluate for them. When not needed the whole unit is removable in two minutes. He took it up to the Derby Dales but didn't keep it for several reasons.

Tandem c.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back