Our solution for rubbish Ducato speedo (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
MPH version on up to Series 7 unreadable. Not a problem in Series 9, not sure about Series 8.

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
I'm all in for any gadgets so I can understand all your equipment, but I'd still like to ask what is so rubbish about Ducato's speedo? For me it has been as good as any.
The addition of the swivel seat on mine raises the seat up so I cannot see the top of the speedo dial. Also the figures for the kph are so small it makes it difficult to see when on the continent. For £20 the HUD is a useful accessory.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
I'm all in for any gadgets so I can understand all your equipment, but I'd still like to ask what is so rubbish about Ducato's speedo? For me it has been as good as any.

You obviously haven’t seen the speedo installed in some of the circa 2018 vans. It uses dim red illumination in the deep gloom created by a cowl. It literally is unreadable in most conditions. I’ve had 2006, 2018 & 2024 vans and only the earlier and later speedo's are fit for purpose. The current model is superb.

Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
but I'd still like to ask what is so rubbish about Ducatoo s speedo? For me it has been as good as any.
The kph numbers are too small and reflections from the glass destroy what chance you might of had in reading the figures.

The good news is that the other display can be set to show the speed in two inch high numbers. MPH or KPH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2017
Sandy, Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2016
Please be aware that any device left on the dashboard will likely get fried by the sun if you forget to remove it when parked. This happened to me with a TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) unit, and I had to buy a new one (see photo) and try to remember to take it off the dashboard each time I park. It is mounted on top of the steering wheel cowling with round magnets and flat metal plates sold to mount mobile phones. You can also see part of the bendy USB powered LED light that I use on my 2016 Ducato. It does improve visibility of the speedo, however I now use Waze app's speed readout on my iPhone 13 Pro Max (larger screen) mounted on the passenger's dashboard air vent. I never forget to remove my phone when I have parked.

IMG_5873.jpegIMG_5872.jpegIMG_5874.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back