LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Travelling down the N644 today when we started to hear some funny noises coming from the rear. THEN crash, looked in the off side mirror to see the satellite dome departing ways and heading off down the carriageway. 😳😮. Luckily no one behind at the time. 1/2 km jog back the way I’d come to collect the debris. Quite hairy on a 90 km road.🥴
IMG_1401.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

Now I have a naked satellite 😳

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Can't think who /what they are called but the bloke in Wellington ,Somerset used to keep around 50 domes on the shelf as they were broken so often.Don't they have a lot of screws around the base usually?

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Can't think who /what they are called but the bloke in Wellington ,Somerset used to keep around 50 domes on the shelf as they were broken so often.Don't they have a lot of screws around the base usually?
Would be interesting to find out. Only 4 or 5 screws I think. Cannot see them all at the mo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Might just bite the bullet and get it removed and some more solar added. Hadn’t really used it much in the last few years mainly Amazon fire stick. Only used it when there was poor signal especially in the New Forest.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
I better check mine than, as a 5 year old SatFi UK +. Just had a software update for a frequency change on Astra 2

OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
I better check mine than, as a 5 year old SatFi UK +. Just had a software update for a frequency change on Astra 2
In fairness I did have a crack in mine for some time repaired with gorilla tape. It must just have been speed windage and a further crack opening up.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
#Zigisla are you aware of this

SATFI UK+/EU/GO (Gen 5) Antenna.
Satellite tracking frequency change.
Effective 05.09.2024.
(Gen5)
What's happened? The satellite provider and broadcaster have moved the channels broadcasting from, and subsequently turned off the transponder currently used by the SATFI antenna for tracking the Satellite Astra28.2E (Astra2). This means that the satellite dome on the roof of your vehicle will be unable to obtain a satellite lock as it can no longer see a signal from the
frequency it is scanning for when powered.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back