LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Parked up for the night in Loja.
It's a lovely Area, just behind the Sports centre and just after 3am.

A van (not a conversion) pulls in, much opening and closing of doors and a conversation strikes up. No raised voices but yada, yada, yada.
I looked out but couldn't see anyone.
After a time I'd had enough so I opened the door to find a couple having what to them was normal behaviour having a chat as if the Sun was shining.
I opened the door and after half blinding them with a torch pointed out that I was not happy.
They moved off but carried on discussing, whatever.
Forget Mars and Venus. I swear the Spanish are wired up differently.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We were on a site when a young Spanish couple pitched next to us at about 11.00pm. They unpacked, got the table and chairs out and had a meal with much chat and laughter from midnight until about 1.30am.

They were gone early on Sunday, so I guess they were a working couple that drove down to spend the weekend by the sea.

I think on Spanish sites it’s just what happens. Probably why we all vacate before the Easter holidays!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The Spanish always seem a bit loud. There were some Spaniards working at the hospital and they used to stand 6 inches apart and shout at each other just a normal conversation to them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 745
Exp
since 2012
They also have the 'anticipation gene' removed before they get into a motor car!

It gets put into a jar and remains at home until they have finished driving.

The cars they drive have to have the indicators flashing all the time and must not be driven more than ten feet from the leading car.

But I love the place!

Tony

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
A couple of years ago we were surprised that the extended Spanish family next door slept outside, very close to our MH.
Felt a little awkward almost stepping over the sleeping bags in the morning as they were still asleep.

Turned out the dad had forgotten the tent poles and was in deep water with the family. Fortunately didn't rain.

Really pleasant chap and had good long chat with him once he woke.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Parked up for the night in Loja.
It's a lovely Area, just behind the Sports centre and just after 3am.

A van (not a conversion) pulls in, much opening and closing of doors and a conversation strikes up. No raised voices but yada, yada, yada.
I looked out but couldn't see anyone.
After a time I'd had enough so I opened the door to find a couple having what to them was normal behaviour having a chat as if the Sun was shining.
I opened the door and after half blinding them with a torch pointed out that I was not happy.
They moved off but carried on discussing, whatever.
Forget Mars and Venus. I swear the Spanish are wired up differently.
Remember the park up well. We were there earlier in the year. Always busy but was quiet at night.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Once on a doc site in new Zealand a car and boat with 4 guys arrived very late.
They were so so noisy that in the end I opened the window and shouted, shut the f*ch up.
after that they were quite, never mind I thought will get them back in morning!
First light they were at it again, then quite, they had gone fishing in the boat.
In the afternoon they arrived back with kingfish which they shared and apologised for the noise.
However they started on the beer, so to keep things civil later we moved to different doc site just down the road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Years ago when my daughter was living in Seville we had pour first PC camera. I’d get quite worried watching my 21 year old preparing to go out at 11 pm!!!

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Back to the OP.
I 'get' the Spanish way BUT, big but,

This couple weren't there for the night. They weren't spending the night in the Area.
After I put a flea in their ear, sometimes later, they left.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Fortunately they're quite tolerant people and don't mind being told off by foreigners in their own country, right? :LOL:
Being 'foreign' has nothing to do with it.
It's got to be bad manners to stand in the yard or metre behind a van (a stone wall beyond that) at 3.30 in the morning talking to the discomfort of the people who WERE sleeping in the van.
Especially so when they were not staying.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
It's Spain
Come the weekend they relax - they get up early then once midday arrives they take a siesta (2-4 hours) this is NORMAL
then they have their evening meal sometime after 7pm and it WILL take over 4 hours - the kids are full of energy and so ride bikes , play football , etc. usually noisily because EVERYONE does it
They don't understand the up tight British who don't siesta eat a meal in 30 minutes and got to bed at the unearthly time of 9pm

So in Spain it's not bad manners but normality
It's OK to say hey we're sleeping do you mind they'll go off a little ways and carry on OR invite you to the party

Cá la Vié

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It's Spain
Come the weekend they relax - they get up early then once midday arrives they take a siesta (2-4 hours) this is NORMAL
then they have their evening meal sometime after 7pm and it WILL take over 4 hours - the kids are full of energy and so ride bikes , play football , etc. usually noisily because EVERYONE does it
They don't understand the up tight British who don't siesta eat a meal in 30 minutes and got to bed at the unearthly time of 9pm

So in Spain it's not bad manners but normality
It's OK to say hey we're sleeping do you mind they'll go off a little ways and carry on OR invite you to the party

Cá la Vié
Party? I understand.
Drive into an Area at 3.20am, get out of van 30yards away, talking as you do so and then go to the furthest possible spot on the whole area and continue conversation in the one yard space between van (ours) and a stone wall 6ft high, seemingly 'hiding' and on occasions, leaning against said van I don't understand.
Well, sorry, I do actually get it. It's antisocial, ignorant and downright rude.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Party? I understand.
Drive into an Area at 3.20am, get out of van 30yards away, talking as you do so and then go to the furthest possible spot on the whole area and continue conversation in the one yard space between van (ours) and a stone wall 6ft high, seemingly 'hiding' and on occasions, leaning against said van I don't understand.
Well, sorry, I do actually get it. It's antisocial, ignorant and downright rude.

And this causes you to conclude "Forget Mars and Venus. I swear the Spanish are wired up differently."

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well, ok then. You were in Spain. Their country, their wiring, their rules.
But they didn't produce their rulebook when I pointed out to them in their own language that I didn't appreciate them waking us up.
Why didn't they have their discussion outside their vehicle 30 yds away?
I'll never know cos they foxtrotted to their own van and drove off.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Party? I understand.
I think it’s just the Spanish way. I bet they weren’t intending to be rude.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I578
Exp
since 2012
We're on a site in Navajas at the moment.

Yesterday there was the only vacant pitch just opposite us. About 10.30pm there was some noise outside and it turns out that a young woman with 2 dogs had just turned up alone and started to erect a family tent. Some time later, I'm vaguely aware of more commotion and can hear a van engine running for ages.

Open the curtains this morning to see one tent, two vehicles and three couples all sat around a table have breakfast, half of which was spread over next doors pitch!

Don't you just love 'um!

Caravan Club it ain't. Nor would I want it to be!

Terry

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
My son in law is Spanish and says they have no volume control, as for me I am in their country and as far as I am concerned they can do as they please.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Here’s some big generalisations but all from our own experiences of living there for a while, visiting almost all areas over many years house hunting for retirement location and having very good, close, Spanish friends who live there. We love them & their country and was sad to leave for the U.K. again, which is why we keep returning 😊

Fact, I think, they are the noisiest nation in the northern hemisphere.

You can be on a deserted beach and a Spanish couple/family arrive. They come and set up almost on top of you.

You may live in a complex with one of those internal pedestrian communal roads. Your neighbours from quite a way off may come and have their breakfast right outside yours

No one ever closes doors quietly, they never turn the handle but pull it so the latch makes a big bang

Many rarely think about how their actions at the time impact on others, as in Emmit situation, but if you politely make them aware they are gutted and genuinely sorry for any upset whilst trying to make amends.

They are friendly almost without exception and helpful.

They find it hard to understand Brits and their ways but they generally love us

Please don’t get upset with me 😜

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Here’s some big generalisations but all from our own experiences of living there for a while, visiting almost all areas over many years house hunting for retirement location and having very good, close, Spanish friends who live there. We love them & their country and was sad to leave for the U.K. again, which is why we keep returning 😊

Fact, I think, they are the noisiest nation in the northern hemisphere.

You can be on a deserted beach and a Spanish couple/family arrive. They come and set up almost on top of you.

You may live in a complex with one of those internal pedestrian communal roads. Your neighbours from quite a way off may come and have their breakfast right outside yours

No one ever closes doors quietly, they never turn the handle but pull it so the latch makes a big bang

Many rarely think about how their actions at the time impact on others, as in Emmit situation, but if you politely make them aware they are gutted and genuinely sorry for any upset whilst trying to make amends.

They are friendly almost without exception and helpful.

They find it hard to understand Brits and their ways but they generally love us

Please don’t get upset with me 😜
How could I. You and God live in the same place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back