On site Dometic fridge /Freezer not working on gas ,, (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
I watched our Dometic Engineer working on our 7 series van on our old motorhome. He told me every van he worked on with a 7 series fridge, he placed a small plastic wedge in the small electrical multi pin unit by the burner. He stated that with time, the connection becomes loose and affects the performance of the unit causing the fridge to become unreliable. He was a great engineer and I have recommended him numerous times.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
How long ago since last used, sometimes you might get air in pipes, so turn fridge on and off a few times to draw gas through.

You can check gas is working OK with your cooker hob first, then try above, has worked for me recently.

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Might be of some use but. I recently had a need to remove our fridge to get to the water pipes to the side of it, while on a Stelplatz in Germany.
To do this I had to disconect all connections gas and electrical. Inside the black circuit board housing I discovered quite a few dead ants which may have been causing the issues we'd been having with our fridge. Cleaned everything and fridge has been great on gas since.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back