Old Oyster CI doubt (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
don’t own one yet
So I got a friend that has a old Oyster automatic antena with a positioner really oldschool that has already some satellites in memory . The thing is he bought it from a German man and the system still works fine with Astra. But has a Portuguese he wants to watch Hispasat 30•w and the antena just spins and never locks , thinking and reading a bit I got to the point that this system doesn’t support dvb-s2 so nothing to do with the positioner.

My doubt is , can I use the antena and motor and buy a updated positioner? Yes or no? I want to use an Amiko reciver so I just need a positioner.

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_0404.jpeg

IMG_0406.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
If it's an Oyster 1 system I think it can only find Astra 1 and is unable to be programmed to any other satellite.
But you can get it upgraded with a second LNB to pickup another satellite and a switchover. I have a similar set up to receive Astra 2 which UK transmissions are on now.
I think you would need a knowledgeable techie to do the installation ?

Oh and w2f

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Box looks similar to my Caro digital.
Up until last year, I could lock onto Astra 2 and all of the channels could be watched via the oyster satellite box.
Earlier this year, satellites must have changed and I can lock on to Astra 2 but can’t view any channels. However, I lock onto Astra 2 and then tune my Avtex tv which then brings up the channels and I watch it that way.
Not sure about stripping it and using a positioner.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning josemilheiro91 ,

The receiver is a Digital (S8) variant so at the oldest it'll be a 2008 install. As long as the roof unit and cabling is all good then the system can be upgraded to what we call the Command unit bundle. With this upgrade the silver receiver is removed and we add a new satellite control unit and four button control box with which to operate it. The new units also have App control for operation and updating of the system.
With a DVB-S2 tuner in it the Command centre can lock to most European aimed satellites including Hispasat.
The upgrade unit cost £350 including VAT (excluding carriage) in the UK however if you are purchasing from outside the UK then I would suggest locating a dealer via the manufacturers website which I've linked below.

Many thanks bigtree for the tag.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
josemilheiro91
Sep 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
don’t own one yet

The receiver is a Digital (S8) variant so at the oldest it'll be a 2008 install. As long as the roof unit and cabling is all good then the system can be upgraded to what we call the Command unit bundle. With this upgrade the silver receiver is removed and we add a new satellite control unit and four button control box with which to operate it. The new units also have App control for operation and updating of the system.
With a DVB-S2 tuner in it the Command centre can lock to most European aimed satellites including Hispasat.
The upgrade unit cost £350 including VAT (excluding carriage) in the UK however if you are purchasing from outside the UK then I would suggest locating a dealer via the manufacturers website which I've linked below.

Sir many many thanks I’ll give a call to the representative dealer here in Portugal thank you so much

OP
OP
josemilheiro91
Sep 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
don’t own one yet

Anthony so I already talked over the phone with the company and they asked for photos via e-mail… I think it will take some time now to get a answer.. can you show a picture of the needed hardware? Cause I don’t want to buy the wrong one if the do any kind of mistake, thank you in advance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back