Not going to live this one down.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer FreeTEC 708
Exp
We bought a Hymer Tec last year and then noticed that it seems as if 8 out 10 Motorhome thefts are of Transit based Vehicles.
Talking with my Brother in Law, he suggested that a good security measure would be to put a padlock through the drivers seat swivel base to lock it in place in a rotated position.
Well, we are about to have our drive way re paved meaning the MH has to go on its Holibobs for a a few weeks . While looking online for a super secure padlock I kept coming across motorcycle disk locks. It then occurred to me that I still had one in my garage full of “things that will be useful on day”.
So I pushed the seat back to expose the runners and swivelled it to position the runner frame into free space. I offered up the Disk lock to slide over the frame plate. Perfect. That done I managed to drill a hole in the frame plate (awkward).
With the Disk lock in place the drivers seat is angled about 15 deg which means it’s not impossible to drive the vehicle, albiet uncomfortably.
However… the initially unnoticed gem is that while swivelled at 15 deg, the frame hooks under the Handbrake thus locking it in the up, on position.
Hey presto, extra security by drilling one awkward hole, I just need to avoid the Brother in Laws gloating now. Cheers Glyn.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Doing it once is unfortunate but doing it twice within five minutes is..............? :rolleyes:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Doing it once is unfortunate but doing it twice within five minutes is..............? :rolleyes:

That's the spirit :rolleyes:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
And there was me thinking you'd managed to apply said disk lock before realising the key had gone walkabout :)
That's what I was waiting for 😄, sadly disappointed by the fortunate outcome!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back