Not a Copper in sight! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
I have run Itinerant gangs off in the past ,, once in 1981 with a bluff by covering the headmans car and caravan with petrol and lighting a cigar ,, also asked them to pay damages ,, they had a discussion , couldnt decide whether I was barmy , suicidal or bluffing so they paid up and all left ... Next day cops visited me , confused as to why a 9 vans and almost 30 Itinerants had suddenly driven from Crawley to Bedford As fast as possible ,,, i said i knew nuthing and they left it at that as no one hurt and the Itinerants were gone which the cops were pleased about.. another time in 1993 The Factory carpark in Purley where i worked was invaded by 24 Itinerant vans overnight and they were shitting everywhere , dogs amok , our cars getting damaged , theiving ,The cops and council told managers that it would take court order and 3 weeks to remove them... I set up a SATCOM transmitter on the loading dock aimed at headmans van. with it switched on and pulsing but not actually transmitting the deadly microwaves that would have cooked them alive ,, but when one of the cheeky blighter s asked me what it was, I told him that whoever was in that caravan would be sterile in 12 hours dead in 3 days . The whole mob moved on in 2 hours ,, had to explain to the cops that it was not transmitting , and everyone was happy especially the management , even got a pay rise 2 weeks later .

DandJ

Free Member
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
It’s a road traffic offence not to display the correct number plate.

Even in a car park.
Sadly, not in this car park....that is no longer a car park.
BrochMike The fencing is enclosing about one third of a very large local authority car park. The section closed off (fenced in on all four sides) is being redeveloped - I think. The campers unbolted and removed a section of fence to get in. This morning there was about 8 vans parked around the perimeter with a sort of communal area in the centre now liberally strewn with empty can, bottles and other mess from their near all night party.

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I have run Itinerant gangs off in the past ,, once in 1981 with a bluff by covering the headmans car and caravan with petrol and lighting a cigar ,, also asked them to pay damages ,, they had a discussion , couldnt decide whether I was barmy , suicidal or bluffing so they paid up and all left ... Next day cops visited me , confused as to why a 9 vans and almost 30 Itinerants had suddenly driven from Crawley to Bedford As fast as possible ,,, i said i knew nuthing and they left it at that as no one hurt and the Itinerants were gone which the cops were pleased about.. another time in 1993 The Factory carpark in Purley where i worked was invaded by 24 Itinerant vans overnight and they were shitting everywhere , dogs amok , our cars getting damaged , theiving ,The cops and council told managers that it would take court order and 3 weeks to remove them... I set up a SATCOM transmitter on the loading dock aimed at headmans van. with it switched on and pulsing but not actually transmitting the deadly microwaves that would have cooked them alive ,, but when one of the cheeky blighter s asked me what it was, I told him that whoever was in that caravan would be sterile in 12 hours dead in 3 days . The whole mob moved on in 2 hours ,, had to explain to the cops that it was not transmitting , and everyone was happy especially the management , even got a pay rise 2 weeks later .
full marks for creativity and being brave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I have mentioned before the simple way to get rid of these unwanted visitors.

You get a drone and under it attach a very loud low current sounder. In the hours or darkness set it to hover above their camp, then activate the sounder. Do this most especially when they are trying to sleep.

No laws broken no physical harm done. Jobs a goodun.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
I always used to tell them there was a public right of way( footpath BOAT Bridleway) where they had set up an encampment and if they didn't move the vans then they would be towed away and asked to pay the costs and showed them an os map with the dotty lines on it, usually gone in 20 mins

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Maybe time that the householder had a party with any other local residents with loud music on all night. :wink:

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I have mentioned before the simple way to get rid of these unwanted visitors.

You get a drone and under it attach a very loud low current sounder. In the hours or darkness set it to hover above their camp, then activate the sounder. Do this most especially when they are trying to sleep.

No laws broken no physical harm done. Jobs a goodun.
Local residents might not agree 😉

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Local residents might not agree 😉
Then they can make the choice, visitors or some noise for a couple of nights. But if the visitors were subjected to the drone treatment a couple of times and they then parked up somewhere else and a drone came overhead, I suggest they would be packing up at the first beep.

Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
Worth checking for gas bottles when they leave . Strangely travellers always seem to dump them

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
but only a fine .used to be 60 quid, & no points, + you have 7 days to "rectify"

Yes but the vin can then be checked as well.

Including RFL and Insurance.
None of the above seize the vehicle 👍

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Then they can make the choice, visitors or some noise for a couple of nights. But if the visitors were subjected to the drone treatment a couple of times and they then parked up somewhere else and a drone came overhead, I suggest they would be packing up at the first beep.
They park on our Sports pitches.
One year we had the England Rugby team training there and they took no notice when I told them their caravans would be used as a scrummage machine in the morning !
We have Harlequins train there now and I havent bothered using them as a loose threat as they come so often they know its a blag.

I keep asking for the grass to be resowed at the time of their arrival, just so we can put up a shotgun sound every 15 minutes to scare away the birds wanting to eat the seed but that falls on deaf ears

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back