Normandy Trip (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado Low Profile
Exp
Since 2016 caravan previously
Planning a 3 week trip in September to Normandy. Arriving in Caen departing Le Havre. Places on list to visit Bayeux, Hornfleur, St Malo and Normandy beaches. Would be grateful of any recommendations of camp sites with facilities and other places to visit/stay.

Getting late night ferry from Portsmouth any ideas on earliest boarding time? Or where to wait nearby?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've stayed at the campsite in Falaise, a little inland of Caen a couple of times and enjoyed both visits.

If you want to try aires there are some good ones on the Normandy coast.

Post #144 in this Thread starts at Falaise then covers a few stops in Normandy but on aires.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Port solent is a good place to kill time before you board. You can also use one of the local restaurants on the marina

Reactions: f6c

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Lots of lovely places to visit in Normandy, it was a regular stamping ground for me when I was a coach driver, and we've visited in the m/h too. The Aires are generally pretty good, so I wouldn't worry too much about campsites, although there are some nice-looking ones (we've never tried any though). The only reason we use campsites is to do the laundry and for showers, but there are plenty of laundry machines at some of the big supermarkets and our shower is perfectly adequate.
Actually we've been considering our autumn break, and now you've given me some thoughts...................

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I did a tour round Brittany about 5 or 6 years back. I did a small video, the link for which is in my signature below, if that's any help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Nice One!
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Martatin
Jul 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado Low Profile
Exp
Since 2016 caravan previously
Thanks for the info.
Thinking of doing day trip along the beaches. Is there plenty of daytime parking near them all ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back