Nordelettronica NE325 DC-DC Charger Help Please? (6 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Having previously worked I'm not convinced the unit is now charging the battery with the engine on. My battery monitor is showing input which seem to correspond to solar, but when the engine is on the input does not increase. When the engine is on the unit has a led flashing steadily (but I'm not sure if its yellow or green). The leisure battery is 80% charged so is still receiving charge from solar.

The instructions say a flashing green light indicates POWER SUPPLY mode (what's that?).

For BATTERY CHARGER mode, the yellow light is either meant to flash a number of times to indicate a fault (up to 8 flashes) - but the unit is flashing constantly, or a yellow light also indicates "second phase of charge".

Is anyone familiar with this unit and have any pointers please?

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The instructions say a flashing green light indicates POWER SUPPLY mode (what's that?).
If you completely removed the leisure battery, then the DC-DC charger would see there is no battery attached, so it would ouput zero volts. That's probably what you would want it to do anyway. If you wanted it to output a steady voltage of say 13.5V even with the battery removed, then you would put it into 'Power Supply Mode'. I think in a motorhome you wouldn't ever need that.

Have you checked the fuse on the input wire near the alternator/starter battery, and the fuse on the output wire near the leisure battery? Both need to be good for the DC-DC charger to work.
My battery monitor is showing input which seem to correspond to solar, but when the engine is on the input does not increase.
Is the monitor showing volts or amps? Quite likely the volts will not increase if the solar is already charging the batteries, but the amps of the solar and DC-DC should add together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K
Nov 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
If you completely removed the leisure battery, then the DC-DC charger would see there is no battery attached, so it would ouput zero volts. That's probably what you would want it to do anyway. If you wanted it to output a steady voltage of say 13.5V even with the battery removed, then you would put it into 'Power Supply Mode'. I think in a motorhome you wouldn't ever need that.

Have you checked the fuse on the input wire near the alternator/starter battery, and the fuse on the output wire near the leisure battery? Both need to be good for the DC-DC charger to work.

Is the monitor showing volts or amps? Quite likely the volts will not increase if the solar is already charging the batteries, but the amps of the solar and DC-DC should add together.
It shows amps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back