No water Autotrail frontier navajo (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Hi just on site waterpump working you can hear it.
50% water in tank, no water from taps.
Where is the pump situated please.

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
My Cheyenne it’s under the oven. I don’t trust the water indicators.

OP
OP
B
Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
My Cheyenne it’s under the oven. I don’t trust the water indicators.
It is under the oven thank you.
Does look like it's got a twist on strainer. The pipes just go into and out of the pump. The pump runs all the time but no water coming through.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Sounds like an air lock, have you opened all the taps and the tank is full. The other thing to look at I'd the frost dump valve on the boiler if that's open it will dump the water underneath the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 5, 2022
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail navajo
Exp
4 yrs
I have a navajo and the pump can be stripped/cleaned quiet easily, it's getting it out from under the cooker that's the hard bit.
Mine kept loosing pressure slowly and kicked in every so often, cleaning cured the problem.

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Sounds like an air lock, have you opened all the taps and the tank is full. The other thing to look at I'd the frost dump valve on the boiler if that's open it will dump the water underneath the van.
Agree with Diabalo And edited to say also with chippie (I missed that post while composing) if it’s running and working then there must be a valve open or a big leak. It could be that it’s just spinning. Can you see any indication of water moving through the filer housing. If you shine a torch on it you may see movement of trapped bubbles.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail navajo
Exp
4 yrs
I'm sure Benhudson would know if he's opened a valve, the only drain available is the hot water heater, these pumps prime quickly, if it can be heard running other than a blockage which is unlikely then I'm thinking it can't be anything else but some type of pump fault.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Benhudson
My Shureflow pump had exactly the same symptoms on the first Day of our 3- week trip to the Outer Hebrides. I initially suspected a crack in the filter, but even when I removed that, it still wouldn't pump water.

I removed the pump and dismantled it. The inside was full of what seemed like very fine sand. I suspect it was powdered limescale, as we live in a very hard water area.

After thoroughly cleaning all the internal parts under a running tap, I reassembled it and all was back to normal.

OP
OP
B
Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Thanks all for the replies, yes it's is running all the time when the pump is on of course, and all the taps are open a very small amount of water comes out, and it's gaurgling, the gauge says the tank is 100%full. I'll try and take the pump off.
Can you prime the pump?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Our water pump in our AT Savannah regularly "over-runs" when switched on for the first time after refiling the system. System is fully primed with water flowing from all taps, shower head and toilet but pump still runs.
We cycle the pump on/off a few times and it eventually stops.
Small amount of gurgling water is probably symptomatic of air trapped in the system or getting sucked in at the pump.

OP
OP
B
Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Hi All, my pump was not working so I got a new one. Fitted it this morning and the same, running all the time no water at the taps.
How do you get at the freshwater tank?
I want to check the pipe that feeds the pump.

Dec 5, 2022
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail navajo
Exp
4 yrs
My navajo is in storage so can't check and be 100% sure but I'm thinking if you can disconnect the inlet to the pump and rig up another connection onto the pipe like a piece of garden hose and blow down it with water in the tank, I would hopefully thought you would hear bubbling through the fill point..I think theres another water connection point in the cassette toilet locker that you can disconnect and jubilee clip a hose pipe onto and do the same test as I think there's a T piece in there for the toilet supply..possibly easier than removing tank..sounds more like a joint has failed or a pipe has a hole in as its highly unlikely a fresh water tank is going to be blocked, like many jobs it's a learning curve where pipes are routed etc and where the problem is.

OP
OP
B
Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Hi I've tried what you suggested, blowing down the pump inlet pipe to the tank, and can't hear any gurgling.
If I fill the tank completely I can get water to pump through the taps, but after a few minutes the flow stops and gurgling starts. So I'm going to remove the tank and look at the pipework, all I can think is there is a damaged pipe coming out of the tank.
Thanks for your reply.

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
It might be that your pump is sucking air too somehow but not when the water is high enough. 🤔

OP
OP
B
Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Hi all, took the water tank out this morning with my sons help, about a 4hr job, not a easy job, lying on the drive with the rear on axle stands 4 very stiff nuts and bolts.
The level indicator screws in the top of the tank and the pipe glued to this had come off, hence pump would only work if tank is full.
Thanks for all your input.

OP
OP
B
Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Hi I haven't yet fill the tank with water, let the glue have 24hrs drying time, but obviously this pipe was not in place so the pump could not suck water.
It was not easy to do as you need the rear end a foot higher than normal or you can't get the tank out, which we found out as we one put it on our leveling ramps and couldn't get the tank out so had to raise it higher on axle stands.
Can't fool the system, you can of course disconnect the pump inlet then feed a pipe outside to another water tank.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back