No auxiliary power , lighting .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
What make/model is the panel? You can often get it repaired, or an exchange unit, from someone like Apuljack. If not sure, maybe post a pic to see if anyone recognises it.

OP
OP
bikerman0346
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato lagan
What make/model is the panel? You can often get it repaired, or an exchange unit, from someone like Apuljack. If not sure, maybe post a pic to see if anyone recognises it.
I would post a pic but it's at the garage now in Cornwall...its a standard louis lagan panel. They suggested that a firm in bridgwater might do repairs . They havent confirmed the issue yet it's just the auto electrician's first impression. Thanks though.

OP
OP
bikerman0346
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato lagan
Keeping it simple, is there a master switch for the 12 habitation electrics, and is it turned on?
Oh I don't know ? There's the RCD in a cupboard, guess that's ok as the powers coming in ok when plugged into mains . There is a small switch near the fridge which illuminates when on mains plug in . Other than that I cant see any other switches ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Is there not a control panel like this one I found on details of a Lagan
5642794-726x420.jpg

OP
OP
bikerman0346
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato lagan
Is there not a control panel like this one I found on details of a Lagan
5642794-726x420.jpg
Yes that's it . However the electrician at A38 caravans/ motorhomes has found the problem. It was so simple you wouldn't believe it . It was the red isolator switch in the drivers foot well , which had been turned when the garage did the repairs to the engine. All sorted now and battery has been checked and is fine . Will look to changing the battery anyway .
Thanks to everyone who came up with suggestions .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bikerman0346
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato lagan
Yes that's it . However the electrician at A38 caravans/ motorhomes has found the problem. It was so simple you wouldn't believe it . It was the red isolator switch in the drivers foot well , which had been turned when the garage did the repairs to the engine. All sorted now and battery has been checked and is fine . Will look to changing the battery anyway .
Thanks to everyone who came up with suggestions .
Will probably upgrade our camper in the future and although she's old , she's very well equipped and has the fixed bed we love . After 5 years we definitely have the bug .

OP
OP
bikerman0346
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato lagan
This isolation switch may have been installed by the previous owner and realised there is a second leisure battery under the drivers seat . Explained a few things that were mentioned in the comments

20230127_125933.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back