No 12 volt supply or fridge supply can any one advise? (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Hi we’re driving through Spain on the way to Portugal
Earlier today the 12 volt electrics started going haywire
The experience control panel in our Pilote 720 fc kept re booting as did the id media radio the panel is now off we’re on hookup and have power to the sockets but none to fridge or the inet panel although that is flashing on and off the inverter charger is working but I’ve just disabled the b2b as some strange readings showing any assistance would be appreciated
IMG_1217.png

OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Hi no just the 1 starter battery do I disconnect the positive I think it’s under the floor or do I disconnect the eviction b2b

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Hi all Sod’s Law the only torch I have with me is about to die it’s dark here so will have to investigate more in the morning if any one has any other ideas I’ll pick them up in the morning 🙁

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Most fridges are only 12v with engine running.
What is your leisure battery voltage measured directly?
If ok then must be main fuse near battery?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Hi both I had disconnected the Vanbitz battery master earlier just checked on victron app it showed the engine battery at just under 4 volts forgot to record the reading on a screen shot reconnected battery master now showing over 12 volts
To dark to do anything else not sure what’s going on but all 12 volt systems dead despite leisure batteries showing over 90%

IMG_1218.png

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Starter battery has settled now, I the alternator regulator pack may have blown, if it overloaded the B2B and passed a too higher voltage through to the distribution unit it could have blown the electronics.

If it's a CBE unit it should have an emergency fuse position you put a fuse in and it bypasses the electronics and gives you basic lights and water pump.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Starter battery has settled now, I the alternator regulator pack may have blown, if it overloaded the B2B and passed a too higher voltage through to the distribution unit it could have blown the electronics.

If it's a CBE unit it should have an emergency fuse position you put a fuse in and it bypasses the electronics and gives you basic lights and water pump.
Hi Lenny I think it is a CBE unit I’ll check the emergency positions in the morning if they don’t work I assume there is a big problem with the hab stuff if the motorhome starts ok is it safe to drive we were thinking of doing the final 4 hours to sagres on the morning we have a villa booked from Saturday so would just air bnb the next 4 days that gives me just over 2 weeks to find an autelctrian to sort before I drive back to Santander for our ferry I assume I’ll need the RAC to come out to check the alternator at the moment I have everything switched off and have disabled the charge function on the victron b2b is there anything else I need to look at in the morning
Thanks for all the replies Sod’s Law 33degrees here and can use the aircon also forgot my extra battery packs and torches when we packed to come over

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you have a multimeter check the voltage on the starter battery with the engine running. If its higher than 15v it's an alternator problem. I would not drive it if its over 16v even too long over 15v the battery could gas off hydrogen sulpbide.

If it is the alternator it will have knackered the starter battery.

Most biggish supermarkets will have a multimeter for a few Euro.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Leisure battery looks good so hab stuff should work just fine. Is the engine battery at 21v with engine off or on and
on EHU or not?
It was with engine off had ehu in but all unplugged now really frustrating

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
If you have a multimeter check the voltage on the starter battery with the engine running. If its higher than 15v it's an alternator problem. I would not drive it if its over 16v even too long over 15v the battery could gas off hydrogen sulpbide.

If it is the alternator it will have knackered the starter battery.

Most biggish supermarkets will have a multimeter for a few Euro.
Hi lenny I have one with me assume the smartshunt isn’t as accurate will get the panel off in the cab floor in the morning to check it will also check the cbe unit appreciate the advice while your away as well frustrating the vans only just over 4 years old only done just over 10000 miles in it

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I agree that shunt should be accurate, which may not be good news but will be true. Best let it settle with no power supply from ehu or engine and see where it is at in daylight.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back