Night heater. (29 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 7.6
Evening funsters, any recommendations for a nightheater for my mh bailey autograph, being a hgv driver for 40 years and had various lorries with night heaters thats not been reliable think the best is eberspacher so I'm looking for any info regarding if any of the funsters has ideas of makes etc.
Thanks in advance Gazza.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
My last van had no heating.
My current one has an eberspacher. It’s worked faultlessly for the ten years I’ve owned my van. Very efficient. Sips diesel (barely notice any change in fuel use when checking mpg). Noisy on startup but then quiet once up to temp. Very adjustable for temp.
I’m a big fan.
And if you have an inlet and exhaust silencer then they are relatively quiet, I fitted mine 10 years ago and it still works brilliantly, yes it isn’t cheap but you pay for Quality and reliability as far as I’m concerned, it’s never failed to start since day one so consider it’s money well spent,

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Is it QUIET ?
The Eberspacher I had on a boat was unusable in a marina, sounded like a gas turbine starting up
After initail start up I have no problem sleeping with it running. As said you can always double up on the exhaust silencer as they aren't dear if the outside noise is eexcessive? When I run mine I have to use my hand to find the exhaust as I can barely hear it.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
After initail start up I have no problem sleeping with it running. As said you can always double up on the exhaust silencer as they aren't dear if the outside noise is eexcessive? When I run mine I have to use my hand to find the exhaust as I can barely hear it.
But everyone else on site can😀

Was on the CAMC site at Bridlington few years ago and a VW camoer had a diesel heater going all night. Not loud loud but noticeable all night and the nearer you got it was definitely noticeable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2024
North Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 745
Exp
since 2012
We have an Alde system and a Chinese diesel heater. Outstanding combination
I had Eber on the boat and it was unbelievably unreliable
Spent a grand on getting it fixed every autumn.

I agree, diesel where you’ve loads, gas where you’ve loads

Tony

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Had an early model Eberspacher on my final boat, an LM30 wheelhouse yacht. Very cosy helming inside with the heater on. Bit temperamental starting though and you could hear it 20-25 metres away across the boatyard if I ran it whilst working in the winter.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Imminent Purchase!
We have an Alde system and a Chinese diesel heater. Outstanding combination
I had Eber on the boat and it was unbelievably unreliable
Spent a grand on getting it fixed every autumn.

I agree, diesel where you’ve loads, gas where you’ve loads

Tony
Where can you get Chinese diesel though? 👀😜

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back