Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
looking to change our motorhome to one of the following:

N&B Arto 88
Burstner Elegance
Hymer Masterline 890

All see great, and have pros and cons for each. Any advice one what to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

They are all the same size, and we are coming from a 2016 Carthago Chic C. They are all more modern vans so I’m sure the drive for long European road trips will be improved.

Thank you
Mark

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
N&B, Burstner and Hymer are all now owned by Thor Industries. Probably not done anything to improve/maintain quality of any of the brands.
Hymer owned N+B well before Thor Industries took over but they always seem to have been able to plough their own furrow.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Again, inaccurate information. They will not accept 20 year old vans from outside the EU in to their factory.
However the niesman camping shop across the road ( not related) will service like any UK camper repair center, only better.

This is completely inaccurate.

You can not get work done at N and B anymore. Not for a few good years.

N&B will not touch a British van for any work. It took me to issue proceedings to get a job done under warranty.
The UK dealer is the only hope but at least there are 2 now with Highbridge joining the fold.

The days of emailing Steffan and telling him you are coming in Hot are well behind us.

Again, inaccurate information. They will not accept 20 year old vans from outside the EU in to their factory.
However the niesman camping shop across the road ( not related) will service like any UK camper repair center, only better.

Paul

My experience last year was with my Arto

The Arto was originally sold by Hymer (UK) in Preston with RHD in April 2003, so was 20+ years old when it went to Polch last July.

It had been in Polch workshop some 3 years earlier on UK plates but was on Polish plates last year.

I am British and comunicated with them in English. I do not recollect giving them the Polish registration number only the VIN number.

I am sre their records would show it as sold in UK as RHD, so last year would have shown as a non-EU vehicle. My e-mail is a UK not Polish address so there was no Polish link.

My experience does not equate with your assertion that N&B will not offer workshop facilities to a non-EU vehicle over 20 years old.

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
It's not assertion.

It's fact.

I can share you the emails if you like? I can't share my conversation with Stefan as it was exactly that, me questioning why they no longer will do the work.

In the meantime, here's recent experiences screen shotted.
Clearly you are doing something different. Maybe you can provide an EU address? Maybe he knows that?

But for members on here to be led to think they can just "rock up" like they used to and get works done is incorrect and any perspective new buyer who reads that is being misled..

New buyers will have to deal with one of the two UK dealers. And we all know what that looks like for one of them. Although in balance, TW were rather helpful with my situation although it to 11 emails and 12 weeks and 2 visits for them to speak to me.

Anyhow, I've attached the screen shot of Trevors experience, if you join the FB group, you will see this is not unique and comments of others including myself are included.

I've nothing to gain. Just want to ensure people are aware.

Screenshot_20241025_170437_Facebook.jpg

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
In fact, what I've done is sent him a thank you for completing my work and seeking clarity to the situation.

I will post his response in due course.
Screenshot_20241025_171823_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Polch have been refusing to supply parts direct for probably 10years now because it undermines the dealers, asfaik the only exception is the open weekend
The open weekend bizarre is no more either sadly.
Yes there is still a party, but the good old bizarre where you could buy a 1993 seal for an old clouline are no more..

Apparently due to space. Again says Stefan, don't know if it will happen when there next week or not. Also no parking as its all solar fields now but the locals will help...apparently.

The good old days are gone.. bask in the future.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It's not assertion.

It's fact.

I can share you the emails if you like? I can't share my conversation with Stefan as it was exactly that, me questioning why they no longer will do the work.

In the meantime, here's recent experiences screen shotted.
Clearly you are doing something different. Maybe you can provide an EU address? Maybe he knows that?

But for members on here to be led to think they can just "rock up" like they used to and get works done is incorrect and any perspective new buyer who reads that is being misled..

New buyers will have to deal with one of the two UK dealers. And we all know what that looks like for one of them. Although in balance, TW were rather helpful with my situation although it to 11 emails and 12 weeks and 2 visits for them to speak to me.

Anyhow, I've attached the screen shot of Trevors experience, if you join the FB group, you will see this is not unique and comments of others including myself are included.

I've nothing to gain. Just want to ensure people are aware.

View attachment 970209
I've never tried rocking up, I've always made an appointment, they were going to do it next month untill we realised it was the wrong vehicle.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back