Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
looking to change our motorhome to one of the following:

N&B Arto 88
Burstner Elegance
Hymer Masterline 890

All see great, and have pros and cons for each. Any advice one what to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

They are all the same size, and we are coming from a 2016 Carthago Chic C. They are all more modern vans so I’m sure the drive for long European road trips will be improved.

Thank you
Mark

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
looking to change our motorhome to one of the following:

N&B Arto 88
Burstner Elegance
Hymer Masterline 890

All see great, and have pros and cons for each. Any advice one what to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

They are all the same size, and we are coming from a 2016 Carthago Chic C. They are all more modern vans so I’m sure the drive for long European road trips will be improved.

Thank you
Mark
Our last van was the Hymer Masterline 890. We owned it from new for about 15,000 miles and two and a half years after it was a brand new model. We had a lot of warranty issues, but it was a good van by the time we got rid of it!

My gut instinct is exactly what Lenny HB says.

Happy to answer any specific questions if you get closer to a Hymer though.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Probably worth bearing in mind that N&B, Hymer and Burstner are all owned by Thor Industries now, so service and support may well be very similar for all brands.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Probably worth bearing in mind that N&B, Hymer and Burstner are all owned by Thor Industries now, so service and support may well be very similar for all brands.

Not necessarily. N&B still run their factory and workshop independently, e.g. they will accept 20 years old vehicles in their workshop, not sure about other marques - check.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
Thought N & B were Hymers premium brand ?

We looked at an N & B about 7 years ago, the Hymer we now have is on a par with that van now, so as with all things premium brand trickles down over time.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner-for-t
N&B streaks ahead of the others. I've had 3 Hymers now have a Carthago the Carthago build quality is steaks ahead of Hymer and Hymer are better than Burstner.
Hi

Interested to know which model of Carthago you have and what year it is.
Have you had any issues?
Alex

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi

Have you had any issues?
Alex
2024 Compactline, only warranty claim we have had is water filler cap lock barrel falling out dealer ordered new one from Germany and posted it to us.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
marky7seven
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Hi

Have you had any issues?
Alex
Hello, I have a Carthago Chic C-line XL 5.5 LE. No really issues with it, I would like to put Semi air and levellers on it, and my wife didn't like the dark interior, so I updated all the doors and wrapped them to match the newer Carthargo style. The newer vans I've drove are just a better smoother drive, so if I can get one with the bits I want, happy days.

IMG_2270.jpg

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
This put us off a N&B I-Smove:
tempImageuiLL5R.jpg

Brand spankers at a UK dealer. There were other bits falling apart too on this and a couple of Hymers.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
What Lenny said mines over 20 years old the factory are amazing nothing is to much trouble very different to Travel World were you can’t talk to the parts it has to be e mail then nothing happens I give up and went to Germany 🇩🇪.

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
This put us off a N&B I-Smove:
View attachment 969702
Brand spankers at a UK dealer. There were other bits falling apart too on this and a couple of Hymers.
Customer could have always pinged the panel off, although doesn't say much for a dealer presenting any MoHo with a loose panel

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2000
I think if you go for a N&B Arto or above you should find them to be better quality than the other two. N&B are Hymers premium brand.

One benefit now is that N&B have at last got two UK dealers plus a highly rated service agent.

The beauty about N&B is that you can get service and repair work done at the factory, which can be turned into a holiday on the Rhine or Mosel.
None of this 'we will have to order the parts', they just nip into the stores and pick up the part (they are also much cheaper than UK dealers).
Having said all that, you have to accept that you will almost certainly have some problems. It's the way those problems are dealt with that matters.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back