Niesmann & bischoff arto 2009 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012

Hi I am interested in this van and thinking of going to see it today.
Any comments ,tips good or bad about the van , company or price.
Ta
Cheers Cris 🍻.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Ta
Cheers Cris 🍻.
Probably the best built for its size. Usual Fiat mechanicals so check for servicing etc, good strong engines, timing chain so no belt to worry about.

No structural wood in body so nothing to rot. usual failure points are:- shower trays can crack and front double glazed cab windows can blow, look for misting between the panes, about £2k/window to replace or can be repaired but not for the faint hearted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Probably an excellent van, but 2009 means it’ll not be able to enter the increasing number of Low Emission Zones appearing all over the place.

But I’m sure that you’ll have figured that out.

Good luck with whatever you purchase.

Upvote 0

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Looking at the photos the trees have no leaf on them, so quite old photos. A cheeky offer might be in order.
Mike.

Winter covers on the fridge vents too, I think this has had a few price reductions already but seems good value now.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Ta
Cheers Cris 🍻.
Another owner here singing the praises of the build quality. We love our Flair to bits, and the only reason if we were to sell, would be if I lost my C1 licence.

The advice above from jongood is spot on, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed at the viewing.

Good luck,

Jock. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Looking at the photos the trees have no leaf on them, so quite old photos. A cheeky offer might be in order.
Mike.
Ye I have found a YouTube video posted Dec 23.
In the advert it states final reduced price so think it might have been up at a higher price before but it would be rude not to put forward a wee cheeky offer😁.

Upvote 0
Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
Mike.
Looks like tax due Sept 2023...
So sat around for a year?
Worth a very cheeky offer!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
A quick question for the masses😁.this van only has a habitation door,no driver or passenger door so when parked on roadside in uk would mean exiting the van onto the road .
Has anyone had a similar van and if so found this an issue.

Cheers Cris 🍻.

Upvote 0
Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
We had an Arto with just one door. It can be difficult in the UK but we got over it. After all it's the same as the driver's door. I suggest you buy good quality fire blankets - we did and still have them. Drop down beds are not to everyones choice.

Build should be solid as a tank so check to make sure it is.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Initially, and for safety reasons, I was concerned about exiting the MH in a hurry, but gauged that the cab sliding windows, and the lounge window were large enough to escape in an emergency, (as are the bedroom windows), if a problem with the Hab door.

An upside, is that 1 x secured and deadlocked door gives us less security issues to worry about. (y)

Obviously, exiting into the flow of traffic has to be done with caution.

HTH,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0
Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
Running when you've caused a fire!

We took the advice to have fire blankets from the fire brigade because the van's exits were limited (applies to some motorhomes, not just Artos). We had an exercise to get out without the blankets in time; we didn't. The fire blankets exercise should give us time to get outside the design of our motorhomes.

My wife and I had jobs requiring fire control.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Winter covers on the fridge vents too, I think this has had a few price reductions already but seems good value now.
I think people are too worried about the LEZ's, There's not many of them I want to visit by Mh anyway
A quick question for the masses😁.this van only has a habitation door,no driver or passenger door so when parked on roadside in uk would mean exiting the van onto the road .

Cheers Cris 🍻.
we've had N+B's in this format for the past18 years without an issue, it makes the cab warmer, quieter and more secure., just need to think about how you park it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We had an Arto with just one door. It can be difficult in the UK but we got over it. After all it's the same as the driver's door. I suggest you buy good quality fire blankets - we did and still have them. Drop down beds are not to everyones choice.

Build should be solid as a tank so check to make sure it is.
Ex firefighter so know about fire blankets😁 never used a drop down bed so will have a snooze when I go see the van😅.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Clutch only lasted 40k !

Great engine (No cambelt)
Cab A/C

Looks a great price

Downsides for me, personally

Too many pedals and steering wheel on the wrong side !
Ye clutch has just been done and chain is a bonus ,the vani have now is chain and not cam belt👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pugsy

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
front double glazed cab windows can blow, look for misting between the panes, about £2k/window to replace or can be repaired but not for the faint hearted.
Ye spoke to the guy earlier ,there is some misting in one side ,so will have a good look at that
I built my current van so have some DIY skills and will look at how to go about repairing the window in question YouTube search tonight 😁.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back