Newbie seeking advise (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter 6.1
Hi everyone,

Myself and my wife have had a couple of T6s and stayed at campsites for a number years. We've now got a desire for less planned trips decided to go for a full motor home to allow us to stay off grid. We've come across a 2016 Burstner travel van that ticks all the boxes eg large garage, lovely dining area, large bed (as i'm 6ft 4). My only concern with it not being euro 6 and if ULEZ restrictions are heightened could this lose its value very quickly?

Any advise would be very welcome thank you.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Cant see any real issues, at 2016 it will be Euro 5 and that's accepted in many low emmision areas.
How many big city's do you plan to drive in.. London is an obvious problem but you dont state your location.
Type the reg into a checked and you will see where it stands as far as the UK.

Ref the Burstner, they had some issues with the floors de-laminating and going spongy. Apparently the factory used some new "green friendly" glue thats didnt do the job properly. So look into that to avoid an expensive repair. Unsure on the actual years it affected.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome đź‘Ť
I don’t think ULEZ will affect value on your desired van unless you are planning on going into it.Anyone it would effect would not be looking at the van. Good luck on your search 👍

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
We've come across a 2016 Burstner travel van that ticks all the boxes eg large garage, lovely dining area, large bed (as i'm 6ft 4). My only concern with it not being euro 6 and if ULEZ restrictions are heightened could this lose its value very quickly?
It wouldn't put me off as in 30 years of motorhoming I've only toured abroad and being retired with no time constraints I rarely need to use toll roads and never controlled emission zones but take the paths less trod, thus not on controlled roads.
In reality there isn't a lot of parking for m/h's within many cities and on the very rare occasions that I've wanted to enter a city or controlled zone for a specific reason I park outside and use a scooter or public transport.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Cant see any real issues, at 2016 it will be Euro 5 and that's accepted in many low emmision areas.
How many big city's do you plan to drive in.. London is an obvious problem but you dont state your location.
Type the reg into a checked and you will see where it stands as far as the UK.

Ref the Burstner, they had some issues with the floors de-laminating and going spongy. Apparently the factory used some new "green friendly" glue thats didnt do the job properly. So look into that to avoid an expensive repair. Unsure on the actual years it affected.
Think the spongy floor issue was sorted by 2019, so possible that a MY16 van would be effected.

Check if its been rectified under warranty? May have only been extended to original owners?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I switched vans because I live in a clean air zone. There is a bit of a premium for Euro6. But I don't think pre-Euro6 vans are going to be worthless. With the exception of London (and the cancelled Manchester scheme) ULEZs and CAZs are small and easy to navigate around. Generally you'd want to park a motorhome outside a CAZ and bus/cycle/walk/train in anyway because of lack of parking for motorhomes more than anything else.

Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
FYI There is one CMC site just off the M25 and outside the LEZ zone at Alderstead Heath Club Campsite near Redhill. There is one CMC site in Bristol which is in the LEZ site there. As a previous post has suggested you should not have a big problem with plummeting value. The vast majority of sites both in the UK and Europe are well away from LEZ or ULEZ zones.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back