Rally Chat NEW YEAR RALLY - Expressions of Interest - URGENT (27 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all. I

I posted a couple of months back about a possible venue for a New Year Rally. That fell through and in the meantime Dave MisterB and I have between us explored a number of potential locations.

I now believe we have found a venue at The Coddenham Centre near the junction of the A14 and A140 to the west of Ipswich.

We think we can get 20+ vans in, but some levelling will be required. We will have timed key code access to the building throughout.

The hall has table tennis and badminton available if we wish to use them. There is a separate lobby area and a smaller room of anyone wanted to play cards. board games etc. There is a single shower (Referee's room for the the associated football club) and communal showers should anyone need it. Plus the usual toilets. Black waste and grey waste we will need to lift drains for, but they will assist with that.

It will not be possible to get power to every van all the time and it would only be a 6amp feed. Heating and water heating would have to run off gas or your own solar/battery. I am still working electricery out and the precise costs out but I anticipate that we can get between 8 and 13 connections. These could of course be shared for battery charging if need be,

There is a social club in the village that I am informed would welcome visitors, and would open on by arrangement if we need it. A local brewery will deliver kegs of beer to the hall if we want and they have all the equipment to extract the contents.

The basic hire fee is £3000 so costs are likely to be broadly as follows:

For 25 vans = £120/van for all 6 nights (equivalent to £20 per night)
for 20 vans = £150/van

The rally would start on the 27th December and end on 2nd January. Note, there would be a one-off fee payable for the rally. You can arrive later and leave earlier but the full rally fee would be due.

Electricity used will be metered and charged at cost. by the venue and will need to be met by all those on EHU, plus a contribution from everyone for the hall use.

20 vans/6nights including free use of all facilities except tennis charge can be either:-
£22 per night per van (min 6 nights), if you provide the electrical equipment
£25 per night per van (min 6 nights), if we provide the electrical equipment

There is a bus service from right outside the hall into Ipswich in one direction and Debenham in the other. Firstbus 116. There are loads of walks in every direction from the hall suitable for dog walking or those that just want to explore.

A community shop is about five minutes walk away which is very good and serves coffees as well. They would really welcome our business. Opening times could be adjusted to suit our needs.

I intend to run the event along the same lines as those we did at Shrewsbury.
27th Arrival. Hall open tea's coffees - Icebreaker evening.
28th Possible games night… Silly games of various sorts.
29th Possible busking night depending on which if any musicians turn up, or perhaps a quiz night.
30th Whatever didn’t take place the night before or some karaoke if any takers. Previously we have had dance lessons, singing practice, Ukulele lessons etc during the day.
31st. Room closed from about 4pm until 7am to decorate, lay tables etc. Jacob’s table/Pot Luck so everyone shares food in the evening. Dance the night away. Finish usually at 1am, but may have to be 12:30
1st January - Clear up from night before… Bacon Rolls??? They have a full commercial kitchen we can use. Quieter evening background music and a natter.
2nd – Farewell. Everyone gone and site clear by midday latest.

Why the word URGENT in the Thread title?
The management committee are keen to host us, and it's taken a good few weeks to get to this point. However they have a quarterly trustee meeting Monday afternoon where the opening of the hall over the Christmas and New Year period is to be discussed and agreed. Normally it's completely closed for the duration.

I am looking therefore for expressions of interest by Sunday evening such that I can advise the lady I have been dealing with to request an extraordinary opening or not please? If it goes ahead those on this list will be contacted by me with first options on a place on the rally when full details are available and we launch the rally proper. .If we can make 20 van's then it will run.

I have to go out for a few hours now and will be unable to monitor this thread, but feel free to post any questions. .

Thanks for reading.... Robin

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Hi Robin sounds good to me but I will be in Benidorm hope you and Hilary are doing well

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Lee. Yes I know many will be in sunnier climes. 🤒

We keep going as the 'stop' sign hasn't appeared yet. 🤣

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Sorry minimum 6 nights rules me out

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
It's a maximum of six but I accept if you only want say four, it works out expensive per night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back