New Weber traveller bbq gas Question ? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Good morning just bought a new weber traveller gas bbq for our Hymer MH which has the external gas point. Am I right in thinking that the external gas point on the MH has a regulator ? So if I use the quick release Cadac 3m hose, disconect the weber hose as in the photo so now the gas from the MH bypasses the weber regulator and is a direct feed straight to the burners, that this will work ok ? Hope you can make sense of all that cause I can't :rolleyes:. Oh forgot to mention we have the lpg gasflow system fitted. TIA;)

Attachments

• IMG_2033.JPG
    IMG_2033.JPG
    695.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2034.JPG
    IMG_2034.JPG
    946.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2037.JPG
    IMG_2037.JPG
    420.9 KB · Views: 130

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
We too have a HYMER with the same set up as you and in short yes👍🏻

Your Gaslow system has a regulator so I removed all the Weber stuff from our Traveller and just connect directly to the external gas point.

We love our Traveller. Far better than the CADAC we used when we were tuggers🤣

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
As CTJ says, your external gas supply is delivered from your van's on-board regulator, that's what the yellow 30 mBar sticker on your outlet is referring too.

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
More importantly. What do you think of the Traveller. I have had a look at one to replace a Cadac. Was impressed with it but obviously have not used one.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Noticed this is in the manual for the Traveller:

“The pressure regulator supplied with the WEBER gas grill must be used. This regulator is set for 11 inches of water column pressure.”

I presume the cartridges that it would normally run on are butane as 11in is as near as dammit 28mb. Shouldn’t be a problem running it on 30mb propane and it should perform well - the issue of less than optimum performance might be if a bbq is rated for 37mb propane and then plugged onto the MoHos 30mb supply.

FWIW I went for the very similar Napoleon TravelQ PRO285X as it was on special offer at the time, came with the extra half-width griddle/plancha plate included in the deal, and is rated at 30mb.

089098F4-2D85-48B2-BF38-715CA968112C.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We too have a HYMER with the same set up as you and in short yes👍🏻

Your Gaslow system has a regulator so I removed all the Weber stuff from our Traveller and just connect directly to the external gas point.

We love our Traveller. Far better than the CADAC we used when we were tuggers🤣
Thanks for that I can relax now :coolest:

Jan 18, 2024
London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 780
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for that I can relax now :coolest:
Hi I’ve just bought the traveler and have the same external socket for a HYMER. I thought I’d use the Weber adapter and simply put the spigot into the other end to connect to the van. I don’t have a gaslow but have a standard bottle with auto shutoff valve. What you have in your picture is very different as it removes the Weber regulator from the line. I did speak to bbq world and they said what I was suggesting should work fine. Thoughts gratefully appreciated. Rob

image.jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back