New to group (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

PDE on tour

Free Member
Aug 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
chausson 718 eb
Hi all we have been motorhomig for a few years now and are about to venture into France for the first time into Europe. Plan to start with northern side and visit some of the war graves such as Thiepval Memorial and then open to suggestions. I’ve heard Loire valley is nice.
Also small problem with sta receiver not turning on which is not ideal. It has power to box but that’s it no lights are on. Any ideals ?
Thanks for any advise in advance all happy travels

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
:welcome4:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
Before we do a trip involving visiting war graves, I stock up on wooden crosses from here. It means that any place we go without a specific person to remember, I can place a cross and a quiet thank you to a random grave or wall plaque. Someone particularly young or who might share a surname etc. I find it gives a purpose to the wandering.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
:HelloThere: And:WelcomeFlag:

We've just come home from 5 weeks in France. We stayed at a few Aires in the Loire region, but I think I preferred Brittany.

We visited Thiepval a few years ago, along with the Newfoundland memorial and a lot of the other memorials. It was a very memorable experience.

Have a lovely time wherever you go.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Hello GIF by filmeditor

OP
OP
P

PDE on tour

Free Member
Aug 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
chausson 718 eb
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone.
Just noticed the clean air certificate?? Will I need this to avoid fines in France in towns and city locations. Will apply for one but is it necessary ? Thanks in advance

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Crit air only needed for larger cities and there is a website to tell you which but I can't find the link :doh:
Make sure you go to the official crit air site, it should cost around 5 euro but plenty of rogue sites will charge you much more
w2f

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Best get a sticker - you may not intend to go into a clean air area but you may just stray into one without realising or miss a turning etc. At 5 euros for a life time sticker it's well worth it.
Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back