New Swift Voyager gas cylinder placement tabs (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Morrelin

Free Member
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager
Hi,
I’ve just got a new Swift Voyager and I’m somewhat confused. In the gas locker 2 bottles can be secured in place, for each bottle there are 3 hard plastic ‘L’ shaped tabs placed 120 degrees apart for the base of the bottle to sit within and therefore stop the bottle from sliding around (at least that’s my opinion). The tabs from each bottle are sited to allow for a small and larger size bottle diameter. The dealer I bought from supplied a small bottle (6 or 7kg size) and sat it in the location for the small size and yet it didn’t fit within the tabs; however, he strapped it in a way that it sat on top of the tabs. I questioned this as it seemed illogical. The bottle had a tendency to rock a little and the paint of the new bottle was being ground off by rounded screw heads that protruded from the base of each tab. I have now moved the bottle to the larger bottle space and it sits fine within the available space (although there’s a gap between the outside edge of the bottle and each tab).
There’s no way a bottle of 6kg size will fit within the space of the smaller bottle location. Does anyone have an answer as to why Swift might have done this? Are the bottles really meant to sit on top of the tabs where they can grind against the screw heads?
I’m wondering if I should just unscrew the tabs myself and reseat them to accommodate the gas bottle’s diameter, however, I’m cautious of doing this without seeking advice first…
Thank you for any help you may have…
Pete.

OP
OP
M

Morrelin

Free Member
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager
Welcome to the forum.

Some pictures may help?
Hi. Thank you. I’ve contacted Swift, hopefully they’ll explain the reasons behind my question. Swift owners with this system will know exactly what I’m talking about and may have found the answer, hence posting here. If I get to the bottom of it, I’ll post it to help others…
Pete.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We had them in our Bessacarr but never had a problem so can't help regretfully.

OP
OP
M

Morrelin

Free Member
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager
We had them in our Bessacarr but never had a problem so can't help regretfully.
Did you ever strap a bottle down with the base resting on the tabs or did your bottles sit fine within the circumference of the tabs? Cheers,

Pete.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Did you ever strap a bottle down with the base resting on the tabs or did your bottles sit fine within the circumference of the tabs? Cheers,

Pete.
Before we went GasIT, a couple of Calor lightweights were a very tight fit and were strapped slightly wonky. Never had the same problem with the Flogas cylinders and the GasIT ones fitted perfectly. All down to engineering tolerances I expect.

OP
OP
M

Morrelin

Free Member
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager
Before we went GasIT, a couple of Calor lightweights were a very tight fit and were strapped slightly wonky. Never had the same problem with the Flogas cylinders and the GasIT ones fitted perfectly. All down to engineering tolerances I expect.
Ok. Thanks for that. It may be that it’s down to individual cylinder sizes then. Mine is a Flo-Gas bottle. Just noticed there are four tabs in place for each bottle, not three. Shows how good my memory is…

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Our old MH has similar to these.....

Screenshot_20240729-102202.png

OP
OP
M

Morrelin

Free Member
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager
Our old MH has similar to these.....

View attachment 929381
Mine doesn’t use anything like that. The Swift Voyager has a hard plastic gas bottle neck collar that has straps attached to secure it. The bottom of the gas locker then has tabs to help prevent the bottle from sliding about.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
You will also find the collar doesn't fit over some of the cylinders. It's not the best solution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sadly the people that design these vans don't ever use them so don't understand the issues. Best I can suggest is to relocate the lugs on the floor of the locker. Not all vans have them though

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I am guessing that you have similar to this in the picture ?
Best place for them is in a skip to be honest , they also often use a moulded base plate that most cylinders don’t sit correctly in 🤔⚠️

IMG_1438.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back