Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 3, 2020
Mile Oak, Tamworth
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
Since 2008
Just wondered how others had got on with buying new and discounts?
We have a budget of £70k and have been very actively shopping over last 3 weeks.
I have learnt that you need to start real low with offers.
Offer 2-3 thousand less they will certainly readily accept.
Offer 10 thousand less and after they have groaned a bit they normally come back with £8k discount
Is this normal?
are new Motorhomes not selling?
Clemmo

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
And the price tag is part of that “deception” as well as the “feeling” that we got a good deal…they wont sell at a loss. Or they wont be in business…
They won't sell at average at a loss certainly or they won't be around long but they will sometimes misjudge what the market is going to do. I think that happens both ways if the market is buoyant they are going to up the price tags and vice versa. I don't think they can afford to sit on stock a long time especially if it's on loaned capital

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
It is. but when for most is the question?
See post #53 Eu passed but have left up to the countries to implement as & when. Spain immediately stated january2025
But we're nothing to do with the EU anymore, so this is up to UK to decide on our own?

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
But we're nothing to do with the EU anymore, so this is up to UK to decide on our own?
Yes & the uk has already done it .The post was just pointing out that with the increase in weights for Electric vans the EU included those, speciality vehicles +Mh's fueled by anything, in the driving licence weight limit increase to 4250kgs on a B car licence.
Whereas the UK included nothing but Electric vans in their weight upgrade.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Continuing on the OPs original question, do you think it is a good time to buy new? We were planning on next summer but we have our eye on a new van that has a discount of about £6k on £80k. It is the perfect layout for us with all the extras we would want but it won’t get a lot of use until next summer.
What I am trying to figure out is whether we should go for it now and suck up insurance and storage costs or hang on. Where do we think prices will be for 2025 vans next year?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
AT Expedition 68
I expect van prices to be the same (can’t see increases again) but I’d expect no or slim discounts in spring. You need to weigh up if the extra insurance is worth the saving. Probably is particularly if you could squeeze the dealer a bit more now

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
They won't sell at average at a loss certainly or they won't be around long but they will sometimes misjudge what the market is going to do. I think that happens both ways if the market is buoyant they are going to up the price tags and vice versa. I don't think they can afford to sit on stock a long time especially if it's on loaned capital
Wise ones will do as farmers have to do; they've had a couple of good years to offset against leaner times.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back