New Motorhome In at the deep end.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
New to motorhome life. My Wife Karen & I both retired back in September and moved into a 2019 Autotrail Tribute 736 G .
So far done a couple of thousand miles mainly in North Yorkshire & the North East where we hail from. Drove down through Wales last week to visit one of the offspring then ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao . Stayed a few days at Salamanca now in Jaen for a few days then Almeria for 10 then Alicante for a spell then working our way up . France in December then home 11th Caen to Portsmouth .
Christmas/January in the North East then on our travels again.
Apart from Scotland in the 80's for 3 months in a basic VW aircooled this has been a new experience. Loving it so far and hoping to do a couple of years minimum on the road.
Very noticeable how inaccurate our Garmin CamperNav can be at the end of a journey . Much better to pin on Google Maps . Had some awfully tight and incorrect routes in spite of programming the sizes in.
Hopefully we'll meet a few folk along the way. Ex Midwife Karen & myself ex forest ranger.
Tony & Karen.

campervan.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Exp
March 2022
:hiya2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
New to motorhome life. My Wife Karen & I both retired back in September and moved into a 2019 Autotrail Tribute 736 G .
So far done a couple of thousand miles mainly in North Yorkshire & the North East where we hail from. Drove down through Wales last week to visit one of the offspring then ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao . Stayed a few days at Salamanca now in Jaen for a few days then Almeria for 10 then Alicante for a spell then working our way up . France in December then home 11th Caen to Portsmouth .
Christmas/January in the North East then on our travels again.
Apart from Scotland in the 80's for 3 months in a basic VW aircooled this has been a new experience. Loving it so far and hoping to do a couple of years minimum on the road.
Very noticeable how inaccurate our Garmin CamperNav can be at the end of a journey . Much better to pin on Google Maps . Had some awfully tight and incorrect routes in spite of programming the sizes in.
Hopefully we'll meet a few folk along the way. Ex Midwife Karen & myself ex forest ranger.
Tony & Karen.

View attachment 964933
Excellent! You're gonna love it.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Welcome Tony and Karen. :welcome3:

Glad you are enjoying your travels. If you are here for that length of time, try Portugal as well, you won't be disappointed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
:hiya2: and :pink:

Very noticeable how inaccurate our Garmin CamperNav can be at the end of a journey
Any inaccuracies will arise as a result of you travelling above/below the average speed used in the arrival time calculation. On our TT Camper we can set our maximum speed and find the arrival time is pretty consistent throughout the journey.
Had some awfully tight and incorrect routes in spite of programming the sizes in.
As well as inputting your dimensions, you need to set up your default route planning preferences. As a minimum, you should ensure that you set the route choice to ‘Fastest’ and definitely not ‘Shortest’. Some sat navs allow you to prioritise different road types.

Most sat nav ‘problems’ are usually down to ‘user error’ rather than any issue with the sat nav.

Happy travels.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back