New MoHo's at the Nec 2024, what are they thinking?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Not only have we got a "garage" we also have the "coal shed", [ gas locker] A "cellar", the wasted space under the floor of some cupboards if you release the fixing screws and fit a lifting eye you have a useful space for seldom required essential spares. Also there's "outhouse", [ cassette locker] We have plenty of room in ours for a spare shower wand and pipe for outside use, toilet rolls, chemicals, folding bags for grey waste, gloves, and the key for the grey waste tap.
Mike.
Have you also considered a trailer!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
building "HUGE" garages on their mohomes but why? …………………..
WHAT ARE THEIR DESIGNERS THINKING ABOUT ?
They are thinking about not wasting space. You need enough space over a bed to sit up but anything more than that is just wasted space. Whereas storage space below the bed is valuable. Clever use of the volume available, as far as I am concerned it is good design and what I want.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
After visiting the NEC today with my wife, looked around some of the newbee's that they have on offer, but was very dissapointed with the way they are building
the rear bed area.

Hymer, Elddis, Bailey, Laika, just to name a few.........building "HUGE" garages on their mohomes but why? When you go inside, the bed at the rear now has
THREE steps to climb to go to bed! Nice when you need to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, as some of us do (maybe too many wines), forget that there
is a long drop to the floor, and "Hey presto", there's the floor! Now you can forget about the toilet all together. "How's your neck, dear?"

Perhaps I could get a job as a designer, it looks like it's not that much rocket science behind it all, and just maybe, megga money!

Your views and funny comments, I know are coming. I just feel it! :ROFLMAO:
On a slightly different note, I am heartened by the fact that Fiat have clearly lost their almost monopoly like status of the recent past and its been noticeable that there is now far more choice of base vehicle.Competition is always a good thing for the consumer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
On a slightly different note, I am heartened by the fact that Fiat have clearly lost their almost monopoly like status of the recent past and its been noticeable that there is now far more choice of base vehicle.Competition is always a good thing for the consumer.
I agree base vehicle choice and competition is healthy. I am not sure it was ever absent, more a matter of Fiat being better at attracting motorhome manufacturers. Part of their attraction was taking advantage of loop holes in the Euro 6 tests that allowed them to dodge smart alternators, stop start and AdBlue. All of which made manufacturers lives easier. I also suspect that we have reached an end to major investment in new internal combustion engines and drivetrains, which means that the choices we have now may not change much in the future.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Too many motorhomes being bought by people of a vintage where overnight trips to the loo are required perhaps? That's the reason we'd rather not have a transverse bed, whoever is on the inside having to clamber over the person on the outside during the night. Most drop down beds are the same too.
Splutter! Hrumph!!!
I resemble that remark.

PS. Despite sleeping 'in the clouds' I have discovered that in the middle of the night, my leg, extended, gets to the bottom step, so it's no problem.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Somebody told us that the Swift stand cost them £1M :unsure: you got to sell a lot of vans to cover that outlay. You know I am with you on the garage and the transvestite bed but very few manufacturers offer this option so consequently you invariably end up with a small lounge or a van longer than you really want, the problem with steps to bed it on the FWD chassis without double floor.
Crikey, that’s a very inclusive bed gender wise…….

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit 1984
Exp
April 2016
After visiting the NEC today with my wife, looked around some of the newbee's that they have on offer, but was very dissapointed with the way they are building
the rear bed area.

Hymer, Elddis, Bailey, Laika, just to name a few.........building "HUGE" garages on their mohomes but why? When you go inside, the bed at the rear now has
THREE steps to climb to go to bed! Nice when you need to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, as some of us do (maybe too many wines), forget that there
is a long drop to the floor, and "Hey presto", there's the floor! Now you can forget about the toilet all together. "How's your neck, dear?"

Perhaps I could get a job as a designer, it looks like it's not that much rocket science behind it all, and just maybe, megga money!

Well we only looked at MoHo's with a large garage as we need somewhere safe(ish) to store our e-bikes and we wouldn't consider anything with a small garage.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
a class 890 hymer
the rear bed area.

Big garages are essential!
To put bikes in so they don’t get stolen off the back or get rusty! That plus all the other outdoor furniture etc!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby V65 GE Entour
Exp
Since 2009
Barry wanted a garage and we both wanted single beds we could get straight in. Bought a Hobby V65 GE en tour edition. Initially wondered what had we done, yet another mistake- 9 motorhomes in 13 years plus the 5 caravans😲. BUT the German vans are far superior, well built, not covered in badly applied silicone (Swift the worst), everything working etc. yes, the beds are high, two steps, cupboards overhead and you almost have to do the limbo to slide in.
Yes, cracked our heads a couple of times but pain soon makes you remember to duck😩.
Now organised with van and happy. Dog trailer in there, spare wheel, chairs etc. our MiRider bikes on towbar. Whatever you buy, there is always a compromise. Anyway, can’t afford to loose anymore money changing 🤗
image.jpg

image.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika
Thanks Ray, you've made my day!
Some good old light heartedness on this.

And for the younger generation, Eddie Cochran was one of the first rock 'n rollers of his time back in the 50's.
That's the 1950's. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Christ, showing my age now, oh bugger!!!! :cool:
And had a song written about him - Heinz with ‘Just like Eddie’…….and I’m not that old 🤷‍♂️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back