New MoHo's at the Nec 2024, what are they thinking?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
September 2023 :)
After visiting the NEC today with my wife, looked around some of the newbee's that they have on offer, but was very dissapointed with the way they are building
the rear bed area.

Hymer, Elddis, Bailey, Laika, just to name a few.........building "HUGE" garages on their mohomes but why? When you go inside, the bed at the rear now has
THREE steps to climb to go to bed! Nice when you need to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, as some of us do (maybe too many wines), forget that there
is a long drop to the floor, and "Hey presto", there's the floor! Now you can forget about the toilet all together. "How's your neck, dear?"

WHAT ARE THEIR DESIGNERS THINKING ABOUT ?

Perhaps I could get a job as a designer, it looks like it's not that much rocket science behind it all, and just maybe, megga money!

Your views and funny comments, I know are coming. I just feel it! :ROFLMAO:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
After visiting the NEC today with my wife, looked around some of the newbee's that they have on offer, but was very dissapointed with the way they are building
the rear bed area.

Hymer, Elddis, Bailey, Laika, just to name a few.........building "HUGE" garages on their mohomes but why? When you go inside, the bed at the rear now has
THREE steps to climb to go to bed! Nice when you need to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, as some of us do (maybe too many wines), forget that there
is a long drop to the floor, and "Hey presto", there's the floor! Now you can forget about the toilet all together. "How's your neck, dear?"

WHAT ARE THEIR DESIGNERS THINKING ABOUT ?

Perhaps I could get a job as a designer, it looks like it's not that much rocket science behind it all, and just maybe, megga money!

Your views and funny comments, I know are coming. I just feel it! :ROFLMAO:
That layout works for us. We love it. Everyone has different requirements.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have just been to check and yes we only have the one step up to bed and it is over a rear garage, B-JandBella when you design your perfect motorhome that doesn't have a huge garage, guess what :unsure: we won't be buying one :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Recently been to the Narbonne Motorhome Salon. Mrs Bs view was why do all these motorhomes have a big rear bed, big garage and such a tiny, tiny lounge. No idea but everyone apparently loves them. Go figure.
I am all for a decent size/height garage but yes some of the longitudinal or island beds on smaller van are a waste of space and take up length that could be used for a far better lounge, I will add "in our opinion".

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
We have three steps on our 21 Reg Motorhome, never been a problem getting in

I have just been to check and yes we only have the one step up to bed and it is over a rear garage, B-JandBella when you design your perfect motorhome that doesn't have a huge garage, guess what :unsure: we won't be buying one :LOL:
I'm soooo pleased!
Don't forget to fill it with as much crap as you can............then weigh the van! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm soooo pleased!
Don't forget to fill it with as much crap as you can............then weigh the van! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Not much crap in there to be fair but close to 1000kg payload I won't be losing sleep over what I have in the garage.

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
I am all for a decent size/height garage but yes some of the longitudinal or island beds on smaller van are a waste of space and take up length that could be used for a far better lounge, I will add "in our opinion".
I see you have a Morelo........I saw these at the show too, boy, I am so envious! What a beautiful motorhome, or is it a HOME? WOW!!!!
If I had the money and the space, it's a no brainer.....

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
We’ve got a Laika 5009 and it’s got 3 steps, not a problem + point and why we actually brought it the garage is massive and allows us to easily get a ktm duke in for sightseeing when we’re away

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
I guess I'm just jealous.......

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I feel short changed, we only got 2 steps. That's a whole layer of extra "carp" I could have loaded up with, I mean essential equipment.
Mike.

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
I see you have a Morelo........I saw these at the show too, boy, I am so envious! What a beautiful motorhome, or is it a HOME? WOW!!!!
If I had the money and the space, it's a no brainer.....
I'll keep doing the lottery and hoping and a praying! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
Three steps up means even less headroom above the bed. No chance on many models of sitting up fully in bed, which is a must have for me. Style over substance again.
You are totally right. I may have forgot to say in my opening line, that the vans we saw with the huge garage were in fact, between
5 and 7 metres long, and the interiors seamed to be very tight indead. Yes, the £70-90 grand range, and not the megga length models.

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
Eddie Cochran sang about three steps to heaven years ago, although he might have been wrong:wasntme:
Thanks Ray, you've made my day!
Some good old light heartedness on this.

And for the younger generation, Eddie Cochran was one of the first rock 'n rollers of his time back in the 50's.
That's the 1950's. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Christ, showing my age now, oh bugger!!!! :cool:

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
You need at least three steps to make it a Stairway to Heaven
I can remember someone saying to me...........We ARE already in heaven and when we die, we then go to Hell.
So I guess when people say there is a heaven and hell, I see what they mean! :unsure:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Recently been to the Narbonne Motorhome Salon. Mrs Bs view was why do all these motorhomes have a big rear bed, big garage and such a tiny, tiny lounge. No idea but everyone apparently loves them. Go figure.
Assume they spend more time outside.

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
Its all a compromise. We have an island bed with no steps and a largish garage. With a lounge to seat 6 but travel on our own.
That's a realy nice van you've got, but it's just a bit too long for our drive. And it's got everything on my shopping list!
I think this will be my next van, (don't tell the wife!) :ROFLMAO:
"Hello honey, surprise!!!!" :inlove:

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
Mrs B, I'm with you luvvy. What the hell is it alll about.
If the 'ol man wants to take all his tools with him out the garage for a holiday, you tell him "NO"!!
The MoHo garage is not for all his crap.........Job done!
Remember.......your MoHo is for your pleasure. Comfort is everything!
Huge garage, limited bed space, and bloody steps...........tell them to bugger off!!
Sorry, had a few Guinnesses whilst writing this..........oh my god!!!!!
Anyone for another guiness? :hi::hi::hi::hi:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Having rented several motorhomes we drew up a spec for our 'ideal' motorhome.

Massive garage
Twin rear beds
Under 7m

There were hardly 2nd had ones of that design available.
Only new models at the time had that design.

Very luckily we managed to get the very one that that had been the NEC demo vehicle on the stand, and as it had over 6k on the clock we got it for a second hand price. (And that was still 20% over our maximum budget)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
You are totally right. I may have forgot to say in my opening line, that the vans we saw with the huge garage were in fact, between
5 and 7 metres long, and the interiors seamed to be very tight indead. Yes, the £70-90 grand range, and not the megga length models.
I suppose you could describe them as J.Lo vans i.e they have a big arse!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
When I modified my last pvc, I switched it from a rear lounge to a permanent bed. And I added quite a lot of height to the bed base. Mostly so I could slot in the Bromptons in their upright folded state.

If I were to get a larger coachbuild, I'd definitely want the garage height to fit a full sized bike. If that meant an extra step into bed, so be it.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We would not even consider a Motorhome without a decent garage, i.e one you could get scooter and bikes in. I do get the point about cramped lounge areas but people no longer seem to want transverse beds so it adds to the length and then so many people have max lengths in their heads, ok sometimes its because thats the length they can get on their driveway but so often its just an arbritary length that they think they can cope with, this is usually a mistake because they end up making compromises that can spoil the enjoyment of the vehicle - showers that you cant stand in, kitchens that are too small, no wardrobe etc etc.

Having said that you re never going to see the full range at the NEC because quite a few manufacturers don't consider it offers vfm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back