New lithium upgrade & install - does this diagram look correct? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I then take the feed from the current MCB which goes off to sockets and run this to AC In. The AC Out is then reconnected via a double pole RCBO to the sockets and I have completed the above? The only difference on my system is the frdige and sockets are on the same MCB ( I just wont run the fridge on 230v if not on EHU).
Yes that is correct, once you get your head around it, it's quite simple. Victron diagrams make it look more complicated than it is.
On mine the fridge & kitchen socket are on the same circuit, I've just got to find where they join and rewire the fridge.

I'm taking my earth from the Multiplus to the earth terminal in the consumer unit as that connect to mains input & chassis.

OP
OP
DJL220
Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Yes that is correct, once you get your head around it, it's quite simple. Victron diagrams make it look more complicated than it is.
On mine the fridge & kitchen socket are on the same circuit, I've just got to find where they join and rewire the fridge.

I'm taking my earth from the Multiplus to the earth terminal in the consumer unit as that connect to mains input & chassis.
It took a while but thanks. It really is quite simple once you get your head round it!

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
View attachment 921413
By Jingo I think I may have worked it out Lenny HB

If I leave everything as it is currently is on the incoming EHU to the current breakers etc that's the first part of your diagram RCD + MCB.

I then take the feed from the current MCB which goes off to sockets and run this to AC In. The AC Out is then reconnected via a double pole RCBO to the sockets and I have completed the above? The only difference on my system is the frdige and sockets are on the same MCB ( I just wont run the fridge on 230v if not on EHU).

Can you confirm the above makes sense?

Thanks again and to you and Raul for helping me out so much on this install šŸ»

Raul - I will look into " suggested the better option, take the PE from multiplus chassis to you closest point of EHU PE entering the van. Of course on the same point entering, you will have a PE bonding to the van chassis as well, That way the direct path is NOT trough the DC bus, but they still bonded." when i'm next in the MH
On the above schematic, as you posted, itā€™s exactly what I suggested, šŸ‘
Just add another PE from that block, to the van chassis as well, job done.

OP
OP
DJL220
Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Coming to the end of my install and I have to say I have learned loads about MH electrics šŸ˜Ž

Inverter is working, battery is awesome and I hoovered the MH last night from the battery. First time having an inverter and it brought a smile to my face!

IMG_6143.jpeg

All plugs checked and all good
IMG_6142.jpeg

IMG_6144.jpeg

Double pole RCBO installed after the RCD and MCB.
Just need to label stuff for future reference and work out the if the settings below are good for the Multiplus?

IMG_6132.jpeg

IMG_6133.jpeg

IMG_6134.jpeg

Conflicted advice on the absorption and float values from Fogstar and Victron. Looking on the internet served to confuse further.
Funsters thoughts please.
IMG_6135.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Well done for having a crack at it yourselfšŸ‘šŸ‘
The only thing I learned about electric/install is let people who know what theyā€™re doing do it, I wouldnā€™t trust myselfšŸ˜šŸ˜

OP
OP
DJL220
Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Well done for having a crack at it yourselfšŸ‘šŸ‘
The only thing I learned about electric/install is let people who know what theyā€™re doing do it, I wouldnā€™t trust myselfšŸ˜šŸ˜
I struggle to trust people to do things for me šŸ¤£
Luckily MH Fun was found by me around 5 years ago, the advice I have received in these years has been epic!
I can do most things just like to ensure Iā€™m doing it the right way, funster on here ensure that.

OP
OP
DJL220
Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
I do have one further question
I now have the original charger and the multiplus charger, what do I need to do with the original one if on hook up?

Switch off the MCB or something else?

IMG_6149.jpeg

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Conflicted advice on the absorption and float values from Fogstar and Victron. Looking on the internet served to confuse further.
I would suggest 14.2v Absorbtion and 13.5v float and see how you get on.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Coming to the end of my install and I have to say I have learned loads about MH electrics šŸ˜Ž

Inverter is working, battery is awesome and I hoovered the MH last night from the battery. First time having an inverter and it brought a smile to my face!

View attachment 924079
All plugs checked and all good
View attachment 924080
View attachment 924082
Double pole RCBO installed after the RCD and MCB.
Just need to label stuff for future reference and work out the if the settings below are good for the Multiplus?

View attachment 924083
View attachment 924084
View attachment 924085
Funsters thoughts please.
View attachment 924086
Fogstar were recommending absorbtion/bulk 14 2v and float 13.5v with Victron chargers. Roger told me they now recommend 14.3v absortion/bulk.

headlight posted a few days ago that his Fogstar had been fine for 5 months at 14.2v but now only charging to 98% so he has increased charge voltage to 14.25v and it's charging to 100%.

I'm m going to leave Mine at 14.2v for now I'm not worried if they don't get a full charge, better to undercharge Lithium.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I do have one further question
I now have the original charger and the multiplus charger, what do I need to do with the original one if on hook up?

Switch off the MCB or something else?

View attachment 924099
If that MCB only feeds the original charger just turn it off permanently. I removed my mains charger when I fitted the Multiplus.

OP
OP
DJL220
Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
If that MCB only feeds the original charger just turn it off permanently. I removed my mains charger when I fitted the Multiplus.
I should have asked earlier, I could have removed the MCB and put the RCBO in its place :ROFLMAO:

Will test hook up with it switched off and then look at removing when I have a moment.

Will now know for the next MH.

Thanks again Lenny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back